Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"So you and Zayn?" My brother obnoxiously asked as he drove me to school once our Christmas holiday was over.

"Don't even." I sighed, leaning my head up against the front window, and trying to hide my smile at the mention of his name.

"Hey, you can either tell me or Mom."

"What about Ben?"

"Ben knows nothing about relationships."

"And you do?"

"Yeah, I pick up girls all the time." Josh said cockily as I rolled my eyes. "All I have to say is-" he changed is voice, sounding a little deeper now. "I'm a drummer. In a band." He even flipped his hair a bit as I groaned in my hands.

"Aww, c'mon, talk to your big brother Josh. He treating you right?"

"We've only been dating for like a couple weeks." I protested.

"Still, Livi," he pressed on in all seriousness.

I eventually did tell him what was going on. We talked through text mostly since Zayn was never logged into his twitter. "Too lazy" he said, as I rolled my eyes. We hadn't been on a date yet, but still, he treated me well.

"He better." Josh growled.

"Relax. I think he's picking me up from school today." I said happily.

"I'm surprised you didn't go on about his beautiful eyes and and his perfect quiff!" Josh teased, sounding like a fangirl. I couldn't help but laugh as we pulled up to the school.

"You're a secret fangirl. I knew it! That's why I heard you crying in your room that one time. Was it a Nosh fan fic?" I smirked at him as he laughed.

"It was a gif! My feels! Niall stahp it!" He joked as we both broke into fits of laughter.

"Bye loser!" I shut the door behind me and braced myself for school. I hated school, like most kids. I just wanted to see my friends and go home. Rosie was there and I had a few other friends, but we didn't talk as much since I couldn't hear. But now that my aid was on, things might be a little better.

I strolled up to Rosie's locker with a little grin and leaned up on the side until she noticed me. Finally she closed it, jumping when she saw me, taking a huge breath and placed her hand over her heart.

"Stop it! You scared me!" She signed. I rolled my eyes as her quick sign language. I pushed my hair away and revealed my hearing aid to her as her eyes widened.

"You're w-wearing it?!" She practically screamed as I nodded vigorously. "Come on then! Lets go get you all socialized up!" She started to drag me over to the nearest guys in my grade as I laughed.

"Rose, I have a boyfriend . . ." I said and if it was even possible her eyes got bigger.

"Y-You and Z-Zayn?"

"Yeah, on Christmas Day!"

Our high pitched squeals filled the hall as we jumped up and down and hugged each other like the crazy teenage girls we were.

"OH MY GOSH! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" She screamed. "Still! Let's go be social now!"

"Social?" I scrunched up my nose playfully. "What and like actually have a life? What?"

Rose laughed. "You won't be that deaf loner girl anymore. They're gonna love you, sweetheart."

Rosie was right in ways. I was mingling and being social and answering questions and talking to teachers. For so long I'd been ignoring all these little perks in my life. For so long I'd been an outcaste. For so long I'd been that deaf freak. But now, I was Olivia Devine. If anything, they treated me better than I expected. No weird looks down the halls, only little waves and smiles.