40. | ready or not

audrey | justin

2:54PM』

•••

"Hey. . ."

"Hi."

"You--You called."

"I did."

"I didn't think that you would."

"Me too."

"So. . .So why did you?"

"I don't know. . .maybe it's because I missed talking to you."

". . . Really?"

". . ."

". . .Um okay, me too. I missed talking to you too."

". . ."

". . .Justin?"

". . . Why won't you just tell me what's really going on with you petal?"

"Justin I--"

"---is it because we've never met? Or maybe you don't consider me as your real boyfriend, somebody to confide in because we've never met? Because if it's like that then you can just tell me so that I can make a plan to come see you, I'll do anything to make you see me as your real boyfriend, anything--"

"--No no no no no, It's nothing like that Justin, of course I see you as a real boyfriend, us having not met has not changed anything between us or how I feel about you."

"Then what's going on? Because I know something is wrong, something that you are not telling me and it has to do with that phone call you got that messed with your head"

". . . It's complicated. . ."

"Simplify and dumb it down for me."

"Justin. . .---"

"--Wait. . .does any of this involve Raven?"

". . ."

"--Of course it does, how could I be so stupid? Of course it does, the only time you were like this was before and after you disappeared on me for almost a month. What did the bastard do to you this time? I swear I'm going to kill him, are the police doing anything about it? What's your deal with him anyway? Did he hurt you?--"

"---Justin!"

". . .What? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine but there is noth--"

"--Don't lie. If you don't want to talk about it then just say so, but please don't lie to me."

". . . I'm sorry."

". . ."

"I lo-- I'm sorry. . .it's complicated and I want to tell you, but I just can't. . . not yet anyway."

"That's what you said the last time."

". . .I know."

". . ."

". . ."

"You know what, I'll wait for you until you're ready to tell me. . .or not, even if you're not ready. I'll still continue to support you in any way that I can."

"That's--- You're so sweet and understanding babe, I appreciate it."

"Anyt--- Did you just call me babe?"

". . .No"

"You did! I heard you! Oh my God, my sweetheart just called me babe! This is the happiest day of my life!"

". . .You dork!"

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴

ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴┬