26. | encouragement

justin | audrey

『3:45pm』

•••

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Audrey."

"You called me Audrey."

"That's your name isn't it?"

"Justin, I'm worried. What's wrong?"

"Nothing Audrey. I'm fine okay?"

"You aren't Justin. You're acting like you're on your man periods."

"Well I'm not!"

"Chill Justin. I'm your best friend, don't you think I deserve to know what's going on with you?"

"You're just a person I talk to everyday."

"Look it seems like something is bothering you so I'm not going to take that to heart. Please  just tell me what's going on."

"You're being pesky Audrey, please don't interfere with my life."

"Justin. . ."

"I'm sorry. But I'm fine Audrey, seriously I am."

"You're not, and I'm going to ask until you answer me."

"Fine! Do you want to know what's going on?"

"Yes!"

"It's my dad's death anniversary today okay? Which is why I'm in a shitty mood."

"Oh Justin. . .I'm sorry, did you go and like. . .you know?"

"Know what?"

"Like. . . um, visit your. . .dad?"

"I did and I miss my father so fuckin much! I fuckin sound like a wimp right now don't I?

"Not at all. Its okay to be sad Justin, your dad died okay? Just let it all out, why don't you tell me about your dad?"

"He was my idol you know? The person I looked up to when I was young. Everyone loved my father. . .he used to care for everyone and everything. He's the one that taught me how to fight and defend myself. He was the one I went to when it was a bad day. Everytime, even if he didn't like video games dad always played with me. He always spent time with me and never abandoned me."

"He sounds amazing."

"He is. He was. Everytime I looked at him I always thought "When I grow up I want to be just like my dad", everyone was devastated when he died expecially me. He was much more than a father to me. He was my best friend."

"Do you see that Justin? Most of your memories with him are good. Just focus on those and from what I'm hearing your dad wouldn't want you to be sulky, he'd want you to be happy, to keep a smile on your face always and live life to the fullest."

". . .Thank you. . .uh. . .yeah"

"Your father is always looking down at you, looking so proud  of the man that you've become and saying "That's my boy". Don't let his death day get you, don't make it sad. Instead celebrate it, celebrate the memories you guys had, because that is what your father would want. With the way you've described him, I think that he would want you to be happy."

"Audrey, I don't know what I'd do if I don't talk to you. You've been so supportive, even if I was treating you like shit. I'm sorry about that. I care about you so much. Thank you petal."

"I'm your friend Justin. I'm here to stay."

"You're amazing"

"You're brave"

"You're awesome."

"You're a survivor."

"You're gorgeous."

"Yo-you're handsome."

"Did you just flirt with me Audrey?"

"And what if I did. Problem?"

"No problem. No problem at all sweetheart."

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴┬

ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴┬