24. | his story

justin | audrey

『6:44pm』

●●●

"Hey. . ."

". . ."

"Sweetheart...?"

". . ."

"Look Audrey, I'm sorry for overreacting on our last phone call. It wasn't intended really, I didn't mean it."

". . ."

"I'm sorry sweetheart really, it was wrong to call you a bitch and telling you to fuck off, those I really don't have an explanation for so I'm sorry just for that but I do have an explanation about why I overreacted."

"Then start talking."

"Phew! I thought I was talking with air."

". . ."

"Sorry bad timing. My dad died from a heart attack when I was ten and I was left with my mom. She was a good woman, always listening to my problems and helping me when in need she was possibly the best woman ever--"

"---Oh you know what its fine, you don't have to tell me anymore."

"I've already started petal might as well finish now. Anyway when my dad died she was devastated but she still cared for me for years. It was just the two of us against the world. When I was just turning fifteen my mom surprised me saying that she was engaged to a lovely guy and it would be good to move on from dad.

I wasn't happy, but my mom was so I let it go because it made her happy. So six months later she married Mike. At first he was fine but after a few months he started coming home less and coming late at home drunk off his ass. And I'd be in my room pretending to do my homework, when I'd hear them two doors away from mine arguing loudly.

It would end up with Mike slamming our living room door shut and mom bawling her eyes out. I'd cry in my room not knowing what to do to help my mom, there was-- there was always crying in the house.

It got so bad one night. . .Mike came back home late and extremely drunk of his ass as usual with a college girl hanging off his arm, also drunk. My mom was broken and she yelled at--M-Mike asking him where the guy she married is. And he would reply that he died when they got married and that ensued another shouting match.

The fight even went outside were Mike decided to kiss the drunk college girl on the lips but it didn't last for long because my fist came flying to his face and broke the kiss. That's when we both fought out in the neighborhood for everyone to see.

My mom tried to stop us as we were landing dangerously close to the main street. Mom screamed suddenly and shouted watch out and when I looked to my right, a speeding truck crashed into us both. Mike died on the spot because the impact was too much for his body to handle, I was injured badly that I landed in the ICU for five months.

And I had amnesia for about four months before I remembered everything that happened. I didn't even know my name Audrey. I always blame that college girl, because if it wasn't for her, Mike and I wouldn't have fought so badly

That's why Audrey, that's why I overreacted because somehow your words triggered that awful memory, it's not because--"

[Audrey bursts out into sobs startling Justin from completing his sentence, his heart expanded when he realized that Audrey was crying for him.]

"Oh God . . .J-Justin I'm so sorry . I'm sorry you-- Oh God. . .I'm so sorry. I need a tissue."

"Are you crying for me Audrey?"

"Of course Justin. It saddens me that you had to live that life, I'm not being sympathetic because I know you wouldn't want that. I'm just crying because y-you had to live like that and had n-no one was w-with you. I just -- I just wish I was there for you."

". . ."

"J-Justin? You there?"

"You're fucking amazing Audrey."

"I should be telling you that Justin! You are so brave that you survived that, you're just an inspiration for those who are suffering from similar problems, they can look up to you and say that 'My problem isn't forever because I know now that I'll survive, no matter the cost'...you're amazing Justin and I'm so proud of you for not quitting on yourself when I know plenty of people would have."

"Audrey. . ."

"Shh . . .there is no need to say anything Justin"

"You just brought my respect for you to a whole new level."

"Same here Justin."

"I'm glad you prank called me, otherwise I wouldn't be talking to you."

"Me too, but I'd like to think it as fate because if it wasn't for my friend's. I wouldn't have called you."

"You're my best friend."

"Same here"

"No really petal, thank you, just thank you for listening."

"Anything for you Justin . . .anything."

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴┬

ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ

┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴