33. | affection

audrey | justin

10:23am

• • •

"Ugh, take me to a freaking hospital. My cheeks are bleeding."

"Ha! Stop being dramatic."

"I'm not dramatic, ever since I arrived here which was three days ago, my poor cheeks are being squeezed to the point of numbness. Help me Audrey! Help! This is serious!"

"Do you want me to call 911?"

"Please do, its an emergency!"

"Hello? 911? My boyfriend is suffering from numb cheeks, the cause? His grandma. Help!"

[Long pause then both Justin and Audrey burst out laughing at their silliness, smiling to themselves after their laughing fit.]

"That was funny."

"It was, I think we should pursue comedy as a major . . .if  we could study comedy as a career . . . wait, can you?"

". . .I don't think so babe."

"Huh, too bad, it would have been an awesome course to study."

"Definitely, unfortunately I'm already studying something else."

"Which is? You know, now that we are talking about this, you never actually told me what you're studying for."

"I want to be an MD, or to be more specific a cardiologist."

"Big ambitions, you want to work with human hearts?"

"Yeah, its very interesting. The heart is a mystery and I want to figure out that mystery, I want to know why the heart does what it does, why it gets sick, how to cure its sickness and stuff like that."

"Wow, I've never heard you so interested in something."

"Yeah, I wanted to pursue that because of--"

"---Your dad dying of a heart attack . . .you want to be there to help in case it happens to anybody you love."

"Yeah. . ."

"That's great, it really is, but do you really want to be a cardiologist? Is it something that you've always wanted to do? Something you've dreamed about your whole life?"

"I do! I have to do it, I don't want anyone to die of a heart attack, I know what I'm saying is inevitable, but if I become a cardiologist and operating on somebody whose heart is failing and succeed in giving them another chance at life, that is one more life saved, that is one less family not losing their father or mother or sister or brother or daughter or son."

"I get you Justin, I do and I understand where you are coming from, but you should think about yourself and what you really want deep down in your heart and your dad, what your dad wants you to be, he wants you to be happy right? He wants you to follow your heart. The question is are you happy? Do you want to be a cardiologist? Are you going to be happy being a cardiologist? Are you doing this truly for yourself or to fill that gap of guilt you have for your father's death?"

". . .It's---It's not bad."

"Its not but you didn't really answer my question, what do you really want to be Justin?"

"I-I don't know, I've been always set on being a cardiologist because of my dad, but now . . . I don't know. . ."

"That's fine Justin you don't have to make a decision now, you still have time to think about what you really want in life, there is still time."

". . .You're amazing."

"So you've told me."

"I don't know what I'd be without you in my life now."

"You'd be a robotic and mechanical cardiologist."

"Funny, but true. . .thanks for believing in me and supporting me."

"It's okay Justin, geez sappy and sentimental much?"

"I'm just trying to show my affection!"

"Was that affection?"

"Hey!"

"Joking love."

"I like it when you call me that."

"I just started call you that."

"I still like it."

"You're an idiot."

"I'm your idiot."

"Cheesy bastard."

"I'm your cheesy ba--"

"--Put a sock in it!"

"I didn't even complete my sentence."

"You didn't have to."

"But I wanted to."

"Why do I have an idiot of a boyfriend?"

"Because you like me."

"Unfortunately."

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding babe."

"I know you were."

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴┬

ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴┬