Chapter 11~ What Are We

Harry's POV

As kids file out of the school all around me, heading home for the weekend I sit against the brick wall, just thinking about everything and anything.

I hear footsteps approaching me and I look up to see Bryce standing in front of me.

"What do you want?" I ask bitterly and he smirks at me. "I just came to tell you that you and Louis make a good couple. I can tell by the way you look at each other, even with tears in your eyes that you have feelings for him. If he isn't your boyfriend soon I'd have to say he's just denying his feelings. Don't loose hope Harry." He says before walking off to some of the other football players.

I stare down at my hands thinking about what Bryce said. Is Louis just denying his feelings? Does he feel what I feel?

I shake these thoughts out of my head, getting up slowly. I work a double tonight so I have to be at the club early. I check my bag to make sure I have my thong, smiling when I see it in the bottom of my bag. This will save me time and I can do some homework before my shift starts.

I begin to walk out of the school grounds when I hear that familiar voice calling my name. "Harry!" Louis's voice rings in my ears and I can't help but suppress a smile. I stop, turning around slowly. He approaches me quickly and stops when he reaches me smiling.

"Hey Harry." He waves at me and I can't help but smile at his actions. "Hey Louis." I wave back at him. "I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house so we can talk and you know, sort some things out." He looks down at his feet and I sigh. "I'm sorry Lou I can't. I'm working a double." I apologize and he looks at me with sad eyes. "Please Harry, please." He begs me and I shake my head. "If I don't go then I don't get paid and I can't afford that. I'm barely surviving as it is." I try to persuade him.

"I'll give you the money you would've earned tonight. I'll even shove it in your boxers if you want. Please Harry, we need to talk." He begs and I sigh. "I'll check with my boss." I pull out my phone and Louis grins at me.

I press speed dial 2 and I press my phone against my ear. "Hello." My bosses voice enters my ear. "Hey. Look boss I know I'm suppose to work a double today but I can't. I got into a fight today and I have a bruise on my cheek that make-up wont be able to cover. You know how customers get turned off by them. Can I come in tomorrow? I just need to give it some time to heal." I try to persuade and him and I hear him sigh into the phone. "Fine. But Harry try to stay away from fights. We can't have you getting bruised up regularly." He says and I smile. "Thank you and I'll try." I hang up before he can say anything else.

"I guess we're ago." I say and Louis smiles at me, grabbing my hands.

We walk along silently, the silence just a tinge awkward.

"Harry, look I'm really sorry about punching you earlier. You know I would never ever do anything like that to you. I was trying to hit Bryce, not you." He rambles and I stop looking at him. "Why Louis? Why did you even have to resort to violence?" I ask and he looks at me with forgiving eyes. "I had to Harry. He was bad mouthing you Harry. I couldn't just stand there and let him say that stuff." I begin walking now, shaking Louis's hand out of  mine.

"Who the fuck are you trying to kid Louis? I say you tense right before you punched him when he called you gay. You didn't give a damn about me there, you were trying to protect your reputation." I spat and he looks at me pleadingly. "Harry please stop." He say and I turn around looking at him. "Understand Harry that I do care for you and I did what I did because he was picking on you and implying that both us are gay when obviously you aren't." He says and my ears perk up.