Chapter 4~ Phone Calls and Staples

Harry's POV

I walk down the street and up to my house. I pull my key out if my bag and I unlock my door. I step inside, shutting and locking the door behind me.

I look around the empty house and a feeling of longing overcomes me. For once in my life I wish there would someone waiting for me. Somebody that cares for me. Somebody that's afraid to loose me. But I guess even your shadow leaves you in darkness.

I kick off my shoes and I walk to my kitchen, dragging my backpack behind me. I set my backpack on the table and I remove my books.

As I look through my nearly bare fridge and cupboards I finally decide that I'm just having a piece of toast tonight. I pop a piece if bread into the toaster before walking over to the table.

I search through my bag before removing the money from the bottom of it. I count the different bills seeing I made $280.00 tonight. That's not to bad but I could've gotten more. I walk upstairs to my room and I head over to the jars on my dresser.

I place money into each jar. There's one for house payment, car payment, electricity bill, phone bill, water bill and emergency. I look down at the little bit of cash left in my hand. I stare at the two 20 dollar bills. I place one in my food and clothing jar and I place the other one in my wallet.

Walking back downstairs I hear my toast pop up and I walk over to the toaster. I pull the toast out and I place it onto a plate. I walk over to the table and I grab a pencil from my backpack. I grab a notebook and I open my Math textbook. I begin to work as I eat my toast.

My phone ringing echoes throughout the silent and I jump up, startled. I grab my phone from beside me and I look at the caller I.D. Unknown number. I sigh but answer it anyways.

"Hello." I put my phone on speaker so I can continue working on my homework. "Harry? Is that you?" I hear Louis' familiar voice coming from the other end of the phone. "Hi Louis." I hear yelling coming from the background. "Can you girls quiet down! I'm trying to talk to a friend!" Louis yells and I feel my heart clench.

I remember when I was yelling at my sister to quiet down or the other way around when either of us were on the phone.

"Sorry about that Harry. It was my annoying sisters." Louis apologizes. "It's fine." I said quietly. "So I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house tomorrow after school." I would really like to but I have to go back to the strip club tomorrow and work my double shift for the week. "I'm sorry Louis, I can't. I have to go to work." I say quietly. I can almost see the smile on his face drop. "Harry you can't keep working there. You're so much more then that." Louis says and I sigh. "You don't know that Louis. You don't know anything about except my name. You can't judge my decisions until you've lived through what I have." I snap. "Then tell me about yourself Harry. I want to know you, to be friends with you, be apart of your life somehow." Louis pleads and I sigh. "Why Louis. Everyone always leaves in the end. Like they say, even your shadow leaves you in the dark. People leave you in your darkest times and they never come back." I shut my textbook and I pick up the phone.

"I'm sorry Louis but I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe." I click off the speaker phone and I press the device to my ear. "Bye Harry. I'll see you tomorrow." Louis's angelic voice gets cut off by the sound of beeping, signalling the call has ended. I click the end button and I set my phone down on the table. I place my textbooks, notebooks and pencils back in my backpack.

Walking upstairs I walk over to my jars. I look at the pathetic 22.00 in my food and clothing jar and I sigh.

Grabbing my old blue sweater and my wallet I walk downstairs. I slip on my shoes and walk out the door. I decide to walk to the Staples that's near my house.

I enter the huge store and I look around. I grab a couple new notebooks and a pack of new pens. I do a rough estimate of how much it'll cost and I sigh thinking about how fucked my life has become.

I walk up to the cash register and I see an elderly lady standing there. She smiles at me and I place down my few items.

"Is that all dear?" She asks me and I nod my head. She scans the items and places them into a bag. "That'll be 17.50." The lady says and I open my wallet. I pull out the 20 and I hand it to her. It's obvious she saw what little money I had and she looked at me.

"How old are you?" She asks me. "16." I say quietly. "Do you live with your parents?" She asks me and I shake my head. "No." It comes out in almost a whisper. She nods her head in understanding. "You keep your money, I'll pay for it. If you ever need anything come here in the evenings from 7:00-9:00 and look for me." She says handing me back my 20 dollar bill. "Thank you so much." I say and she walks around the thing and I give her a hug. "It's alright dear." I thank her again before grabbing my few items and exiting the store.

I check my phone and I see its 8:55. I let out a long sigh as I walk down the street.

As I walk I see a familiar figure in the distance.

Is that... Louis?

_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hey guys! So there may be some confusion if you're from somewhere other then Canada and you're reading this but I don't think everywhere in Canada has this either so let me explain. For those of you who are wondering Staples is a office/school supplies store. They sell things like pencils and pens to printers and laptops.

Now that we've got that cleared up please comment any questions or comments you might have about this chapter or the book or anything you want. If you have questions for me you can comment them or inbox me. Please vote on this chapter. :D Fan me if you want to. If you have or know of any good One Direction books tell me! Thanks for reading.

Questions:

1)Favourite 1D bromance?

2)Favourite 1D song?

3)What country are you from?

4)How old are you?

I'm sorry if any of these questions are repeats or end up getting repeated. :)