I See My World Crumble and Fall

Penny's POV

It was morning in Paris, I had tried to call and text Brian once I knew the concert would be over. All my calls went to voicemail and my texts went unanswered. I couldn't hold back telling him what Adam had done, even if it was by voicemail.

"Bri, I just landed and I am on my way to meet you. I found out that Dr. Gabriel has been lying ever since the 1st of July. I am better, the treatments were fake. You were right, I should have seen it. I love you and I can't wait to see you. It's over Honey, we can have our life back. I didn't want to tell you until after the show, but I can't get hold of you. I hope you're ok."

Once I was at the hotel, I headed straight up to Brian's suite. I was so anxious to see him and be in his arms. I knocked on the door multiple times, finally it opened. I yelled "Surprise!" Then I realized it was Gwyn wrapped in a sheet.

"Penny, we didn't expect you here." She said. "Brian's asleep."

I stormed past Gwyn pushing her out of my way. "Brian!" I yelled as I headed to the bedroom.

The door was open and there was my husband naked and passed out on the bed.

I heard Gwyn behind me. "Penny, I'm sorry. This is not how we wanted you to find out."

"WAKE UP BRIAN!" I yelled.

Brian woke up and looked at me through blood shot eyes. "Penny! You're here!" Then he looked at Gwyn. "What's going on here?" He said.

"Oh My God." I muttered, barely able to breathe. "It was you! You two had Adam fucking lie to me all these months!"

"What are you talking about? What did Adam lie to you about?" Brian asked faking confusion.

"Don't try to act innocent! No wonder you didn't want me to "risk it" and come here!" All kinds of crazy thoughts were going through my head. "I bet you wish Jimmy hadn't told you I was sick! That would have been so much more convenient!"

"Of course not! No Penny, I love you." He said.

"Yes, you love me SO MUCH that you're sleeping with one of my best friends."

Gwyn tried to speak, "Penny, of course we want you to be well." I looked at Gwyn with pure contempt.

"YOU do not get to take part in this conversation!" I yelled at her. "Shut your fucking mouth!"

"Penny, she and I are not a 'we'."

"Brian, don't lie to her." Gwyn said smugly, I just wanted to rip her hair out.

"Look, I have no interest in your fucking lover's spat." I looked at Brian "We're through, you'll be hearing from my attorney. Other than that, I don't want to see or talk to you. Either of you!"

I ran out of the suite, made my way down to the lobby. I ran outside and tried to breathe as I cried uncontrollably. Brian ran out behind me in just jeans.

"Penny please, I don't even remember what happened. Don't leave like this!"

I looked at him standing there on a Paris sidewalk, shirtless and shoeless. I felt like a 200-lb. weight was on my chest. He tried to touch my arm, I jerked away.

"I love you, only you. I don't even know how this happened, she got me drunk. You kissed Adam when you were drunk." He said. I slapped his face.

"That was one kiss! It's obvious that you went beyond that. She is making sure I know you are a couple! How long Brian? Does everyone else in the band know? Was it your own guilt that kept you from being mad at me for kissing Adam? How could you?" I pushed him away. "I can never trust you again." I hailed a taxi and jumped in, as he stood watching me leave. I wanted to look back, but I couldn't.