Jealousy is an Ugly Word.

Matt's POV
Brian filled me in on what was going on, but I wasn't sure if he was just being paranoid. I agreed that some things seemed suspicious.

When we got to their house, the guy's car was still there. It was a sharp convertible Jaguar. The top was down and as we walked by I saw a purse in the car.
"Is that Penny's?" I asked.

"Yes!" He said, grabbing it. "I guess they must have been in a hurry."

As we went up to their bedroom. I tried to calm him down.
"Remember, he is a Doctor and he is taking care of her. Don't jump to conclusions."

The bedroom door was closed and you could tell Brian wasn't happy. He started to knock and then said.
"Wait, this is my fucking bedroom." He walked in, the Doctor was sitting on the edge of the bed next to Penny. Penny was asleep, he was holding her hand.
"What the hell are you doing?" Brian said loudly. Doctor Gabriel stood up and spun around toward Brian.
"Shhh" He said. "She just got to sleep." If looks could kill, Brian would've been a goner.
Brian motioned for him to go out of the room.

In the hall he said "I would like to know why I keep coming home and you are in my house, in my bedroom with my wife?"

"I'm her Doctor and she needed someone to take care of her. Shouldn't your first question be how your wife is?" He said emphasizing 'wife'.

I could tell that stunned Brian and the guy had hit the target. Brian was speechless. I decided to try to smooth it over.
"Hello Dr. Gabriel, I'm Matt Sanders a close friend of Penny and Brian's." I extended my hand and he shook it.

"Nice to meet you Matt, please call me Adam. I'm familiar with who you are."

"Brian was at the studio at the crack of dawn, he's a little tired and cranky. How is Penny?" I asked.

"Well, she's had a very rough day also. After passing out at the restaurant, she appeared to have some sort of migraine headache. I wanted her to go to the hospital, but she refused." He looked at Brian. "She didn't want to go to the hospital or call you because she was too worried about delaying your new album. Gwyn had to head to the airport, so I brought her home."

"Then what happened?" Brian asked through clenched teeth.

"When we got here, I carried her to the bathroom and made it just in time before she started vomiting. She still refused to go to the hospital and interrupt you. I called the pharmacy and had medication delivered and I gave her a shot. She had just finally fallen asleep when you barged in yelling."

"Barged in? This is my..." Brian started to react to the Doctor's last remark, then stopped. "Does she need go to the hospital?" His fists were clenched.

"Her vitals are good and she is finally resting, so I don't think it is necessary at this point. But if she is still sick when she wakes up or it recurs again in the next few days, she needs to. I know how stubborn she is, but we have to make her go."

"Don't worry, I will make her go." Brian emphasized the 'I'.

"Are you sure you can take time away from music to make sure she does what she needs to?" Adam asked.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Brian asked.

"I mean that your wife needs you, she needs you to pay attention to her and show her she is still the woman she used to be. She's feeling insecure and twice in the last week she has been sick and she either couldn't get hold of you or she refused to call you because she didn't want to disturb you."

Brian was now fuming. "What are you? Some kind of fucking marriage counselor now? She knows I love her as much as I always have. I tell her to call me when she's sick."