Who Dares to Pull the Strings?

Gwyn's POV

What I needed to do was not bash and try to make Brian madder at Penny. I needed to get him to a desperate state of missing her. He's been going without sex for months, I just needed a way in.

"Why don't we go out on the balcony of my suite? I think you need some fresh air."

"If you have something alcoholic." He said.

"I have some wine."

"That works." He said.

He went out and sat in one of the chairs on the balcony. I brought out a bottle of wine and two glasses.

I handed him a glass of wine and he sipped it and said. "I can't believe Penny, is she just trying to piss me off?"

"I think she's very alone, the tour is almost over, she's still there and she just wanted to get out of the house." I said.

"You're right, but why with that guy?"

"He is who she has spent most her time with since you've been gone, because he's her Doctor. Have you ever heard of the Florence Nightingale effect? I know she has no real romantic interest in him."

"It's not her I'm worried about. I just miss her and I feel bad that she is alone." He held out his glass for more wine. He didn't notice that I was not actually drinking from my glass. "Maybe you're jealous of Adam because he is there and you're not."

"I wish she were here with me. It will be such a relief when we know she's better." He looked very sad. "I can't wait to hold her in my arms, to dance with her and know she's not going to..." His sentence trailed off.

"Why don't you practice; I'll be a fill in for Penny. It might make you feel better, like she's here."

"That wouldn't be a little weird for you?" He asked.

"Penny and I have been friends for a long time, if I can help you through this I don't mind."

"Oh, what the hell!" He slurred and then downed the rest of the glass of wine in his hand.

He stood up and stumbled into me and he straightened up and held me as we danced. As the song progressed, he held me closer and I could tell the "wine" was working.

I said "Bri, are you okay?" Doing my best Penny imitation.

"I've just missed you so much Penz."

"I've missed you Junior." I said looking at him. "Kiss me please." Then he kissed me, our lips pressing together for just a few seconds before increasing intensity. I started to pull his t-shirt out of his pants. He started to unbutton my blouse.

"We belong together, Brian." I realized as soon as I said that, I had slipped up.

"What?" then stopped and pushed me back. "Holy Shit! What the fuck are you doing?" He said.

I knew I needed to play this innocently. "Oh, my God! We both drank too much, we got carried away."

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" He yelled. "Penny Is going to kill me!"

"You don't have to tell her. It was nothing."

"I've got to go Gwyn!" He ran out of my suite.

My experiment didn't have the end result that I had hoped for but I knew what do if Adam failed. It would just need to be at the right place at the right time, using the right mixture.

Adam's POV

I was very torn; she was at my house. She was pissed at Brian and ready to drink. Should I take this opportunity? I shouldn't take advantage of her, I care too much about her. But on the other hand, I could be putting her in danger if I don't.