I See You Fading Away...

Penny's POV
I woke with a start, "Brian!" I tried to sit up, but the pain in my ribs and shoulder held me back.
"Mom, it's ok. You're at the hospital." Chloe was next to me.
"Where's Brian? How long have I been out? He's alive, right?" I didn't even wait for answers between questions.
"He's here in the ICU. It's been about 8 hours. Mom, you've got to calm down."
"Take me to him! Is he going to be ok?" I had a million questions and I just wanted to be with Brian.
"They said that he was extremely lucky, it could have been a lot worse." Chloe was stalling.
"Is he going to be okay Chloe??"
"He's in a coma due to head trauma. They are hopeful."
"Hopeful? Hopeful doesn't sound good to me. Chloe, I can't lose him. To hell with the pain, I'm getting out of this bed."
I sat up and pulled myself up out of the bed. The IV in my arm held me back from going too far.
"Mom, you need to stay in bed, the doctors want you here under observation for 24 hours."
"If they think I am going to stay in this room for 24 hours when Brian is fighting for his life they are fucking insane! I should have already been there with him! Are you going to help me or not?"
"Let me go talk to them and see what I can do, but you need to at least sit down." I nodded and Chloe left the room.

I pulled the IV out of my arm, grabbed some paper towels to press against it to stop the bleeding and was out of there as fast as I could, open back hospital gown and all. I ran to a directory of the hospital and saw what floor the ICU was on, jumped in the elevator and went to that floor. Luckily, I made it with only a few people seeing me and no one tried to stop me, they were probably afraid to confront the crazy woman running around in a hospital gown with a bloody paper towel. I knew that they would be looking for me soon, but I didn't care. I had to get to Brian and not pain, bleeding or any person was going to stop me.
Visitors to the ICU had to be buzzed in and employees had electronic badges to let them in. I knew there was no way they were going to let me back there. Soon a nurse came rushing through the doors and I slipped in before the doors closed. I found his room, I walked in and I could barely recognize him. He had cuts on his face and bruises; his right leg was in a cast. Monitors were flashing and beeping.

I sat beside the bed and held his hand. "Bri, it's Penny. Please wake up, please!" I held his hand. I just put my head down on the bed and cried. "I love you, please don't leave me."
I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Penny, there's a search party out for you." It was Brian Sr.
"I'm not leaving here; I won't leave him!" I was determined to stay.
"You are right to feel that way and I know that he needs you here. But if the staff comes in and tries to make you leave, causing a scene will not help him. Suzy and Chloe are talking to the doctor right now about getting you released so that you can stay up here with him. If they ask you to go back to your room in the meantime, please do it and don't run off again. I will stay right here with Junior until you get back."
"What if he wakes up and I'm not here?"
"It will be okay, I promise. If he wakes up, I will personally go to your room and make them let you come down here."
"Ok, but not I am not leaving until they tell me I have to." I reluctantly agreed.
"That works."
We just sat there in silence looking at Brian and listening to the monitors.
Suzy came in hugged me and sat next to me. "They are releasing you from the hospital, Chloe's running to get you some clothes. They do want you to go back to your room, while they get your release processed."
"Thank you Suzy." I said with a sigh of relief.
I said to Brian. "I'll be back soon. I love you." I kissed his forehead.

Matt's POV
Val and I jumped on a plane as soon as we had someone watching the boys. The whole trip, I couldn't help remembering all the pain and hurt when Jimmy died. But Brian is not going to die I have to focus and help everyone get through this.
Our manager called me. "Have you heard anything else? Are they both ok?"
"Penny is, but they're not sure about Brian. He is in a Coma."
"This is not good, man. I hate to dump more on you, but several online media outlets have started picking up on the story. You might want to check out Loudwire. I'm not sure how Penny is going to react to this."
"I'll take care of it, thanks for giving me the heads up. Are you coming to Ohio?"
"I plan to as soon as I can. Give Penny a hug and tell Brian to wake the fuck up." He said.
As soon as he hung up, I went to Loudwire.com
Top Item on the page: