♥Chapter 53: 'I'm letting you escape from my cage'♥

I lay in bed looking at the ceiling planning out everything I was going to say to Conor. I just wanted to get it over and done with. I didn't want to hurt anyone anymore. I was done with all the drama. I was glad that I found out that Conor was cheating on me because now I could break up with him instead of him trying to break up with me.

I had already texted Conor saying that I wanted him to meet me in 'Mercer's'; the place where I realised that I did have feelings for Conor. He accepted without asking me any questions and I was glad he didn't because I couldn't be bothered to give him any answers.

I sighed and checked my watch. It was time. I got up and opened the door. "Freddie!" I screamed. He was up the stairs and by my side in seconds.

"Where to today Ms Hayley?" He asked as he took out the car keys out of his pockets. I frowned at him. "I mean Ms Poppy."

"To Mercer's please," I commanded politely. He nodded and walked in front of me, opening the door for me. I smiled as a thanks and he opened the door to the back car seat. I slipped inside the car. As soon as I got in Fred shut the door and climbed in himself turning the ignition key and driving out of the grange and towards Mercer's.

********************************************************************************************************************************

I got out of the car and glanced at the café where Conor and I shared or first kiss (more like make out session. I sighed and started walking towards the café. I could hear footsteps behind me.

I turned around. "No Fred, don't follow me." I sent him a stern look.

"Ms Poppy I am hired to protect you from any danger-"

"And that danger has been dealt with Freddie," I sighed referring about Henry and Zac, motherfuckers who ruined my life by killing Marcus and nearly raping me.

"I have to be extra cautious. I cannot let you go in there by yourself or else I will have to take you home." Before I could protest he put his hands up in surrender. "Mr Hayley's orders."

I scowled at him. "Fine you can come in but you have to be on the other corner and you have to order something so you can be busy eating instead of ears dropping," I ordered. He nodded and led me towards the entrance. He opened the door for me, looked left and right inside the café and stepped to the side letting me enter the café where all the memories started. I glanced around and looked for a space. Scattered around the place there was a few people sitting down enjoying their meals.

I found an empty table and sat down on it. Fred stood beside me and I sighed. I greeted Sienna and Jerry, the old couple who owned the restaurant. I told them that I would order a bit later and they smiled leaving me alone with Fred again. I dug into my bag and pulled out a pair of headphones. "Put this on and blast the music up in full volume whilst we talk."

"You do know that it'll be easier to just tell me." He said softly. I sighed and bit my lip. Eventually I explained everything. "You are very strong Ms Poppy." He squeezed my shoulder lightly.

I shook my head. "I cry." I whisper. "That makes I'm weak."

"Just because you cry doesn't mean you are weak; it just means you have been strong for too long Ms Poppy." I shook my head.

"I'm weak, and stupid, naïve and pathetic and selfish. I let the people I love get hurt just because of my own selfish needs and now I feel guilty."

"I understand where you are coming from. You are doing a good thing. You are uniting two lovers and in my eye that is one of the best deeds a person can do."

I smiled at him. Just then the door bell rang and I saw Conor walk in nervously. He looked around and then he noticed me. He smiled weakly and I beckoned him to come over. He made his way and waved slightly at me. Soon we ordered.

This time I didn't mind Fred sitting next to us because he knew the truth. It felt comforting that there was someone beside me that was going to witness everything. After we ate we received the bill. I let Conor pay as I knew he was feeling guilty for cheating on me. Also I had no money on me and neither did Fred.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I asked nervously. He nodded chewing on his bottom lip.

"Well I'm going to go first and don't you dare interrupt because it's hard as it is." He nodded confused but didn't say anything.

"So I've been thinking and I think it's time for us to separate and see other people."

'I think we all know that you won't be seeing anyone else after Conor.' Vicky stated.

Before Conor could say anything I held my hand out. I shook my head. "This is hard for me, don't make this worse." He let me continue. "Before I felt something for you but after the whole cheating incident with Edward I feel like we've drifted apart. It's time Conor; I have to do this now before more people are hurt by my selfish acts. Conor Jones. . . I'm breaking up with you." I saw his eyes widen when I mentioned cheating but they relaxed when I mentioned Edward. Then his jaw dropped when I said about breaking up with him.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about that." He scratched the back of his neck. "It's just I don't like you like that anymore like romantically-"

"But you want to be best friends, like how we were before we got together?" I finished off his sentence. "You're a great guy who deserves someone who isn't letting her past emotions and inner demons affecting her relationship. I just want you to be happy. This can only happen if we are not together. I'm letting you escape from my cage." I squeezed his cold hand. He smiled.

"But what about you?"

"I'll be fine Conor, don't worry about me." I lied. "I'm surrounded by the people I love and that's all I need. I need people who love me to help me. Conor I'm fucked up in the brain. I've been through shit and I can't drag you into that shit because it's not fair on you to carry a burden. Like I said, I'm setting you free Conor Jones, you're allowed to date anyone you like, even if I don't like her or if she's very close to me, I still wouldn't mind. You're allowed to smoke freely without my whining." I remembered the times when I forced him to stop smoking and we would normally fight over this frequently.

There was a long silence after that. "So we're besties?" Conor held out his hand nervously.

"We're besties," I smiled shaking his hand.

"This is the start to a beautiful friendship with one beautiful guy in it." He grinned cockily, leaning back on his chair and popping his collar. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed.

"You kids done," Fred asked us obviously bored. Conor and I looked at each other and nodded. We got up and shared our farewell to Sienna and Jerry, the old couple who owned Mercer's.

"I love you Poppy Hayley." He smiled at me and embraced me into a tight hug. I closed my eyes and smiled. "I love you too Conor Jones."

"You are strong and a wonderful person. We weren't meant to be. But promise me this." He pulled away, his hands on my shoulders as he looked into my eyes. "Please say you won't give up on love."

I hesitated. "That's a promise I cannot keep." I sighed heavily. He looked at me and smiled sadly.

"I can't force you to do anything Poppy but I just want to tell you that I don't regret our times together."

"Me neither. Thanks to you, I've changed in a good way." I told him the truth. Our relationship had taught me a lot of things and it made me more aware of how my loved ones felt.

We hugged one last time and I waved goodbye as he drove off in his car. I sighed and looked at Fred. He nodded understanding what I wanted to do. I grabbed the flowers from the car; white Poppies. He dropped me off to Highgate Hill, none of us talking which I was thankful for. He stood by the gates respecting the fact that I wanted privacy. As I approached the gravestones I sighed and started crying and let out the rest of my fucked up emotions, letting them hit the soil of where my loved ones were buried. . . .

I cried because of how much I missed my Mum and Marcus. I cried because my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. I cried because I hurt the people who had loved me the most. I cried because Henry and Zac had fucked up my life. I cried because I felt vulnerable. But most importantly I cried because I knew I was going to be alone for the rest of my life unless I defeated my inner demons which was almost was going to be hard

It was almost impossible. .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END! :D

:'( It's the end!

IT'S ENDED! :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :D

I don't know if I should be happy that I completed my first book or I should be sad because I finished writing this book! #MixedEmotions

Hopefully all my readers will continue reading and voting and commenting and tweeting me on twitter (Which is @BiBi1D99)! :D

The sequel will be up later on tonight so keep an eye out. I'm not sure when I'll update the sequel but I know that it won't be now! Probably on the 24th December (I'm hoping to finish Unrequited Love then) or 12th January (Alone side the first chapter of Made In The USA). Just keep an eye out for spoilers on wattpad and twitter. If you guys wanna make me banners or mini covers or whatnot (Was watching Good Luck Charlie whilst writing this! :D) Then feel free to send them to me! :D I would love some!

I guess this is the end of The Guy I Hate Is The Guy I Love. . .

Whilst you guys are waiting you can think of names for what the sequel will be called! And if you guys wanna make a cover please send them! :D

The options for the sequel title will be posted on the next chapter.

I just wanna say. . . .

Thank you to all my readers and voters and commenters (is that a word?) and followers for just supporting me! :D Thanks Sugarplums! :D

THANK YOU! :D

I'm addicted to this sign: :D

Please VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE and FOLLOW and OMFG! :D NIALL'S BIRTHDAY! :D

It's been one year since I started writing this book when I was 13! :D

OMFG CAN'T BELIEVE THAT! MY LEPRACHAUN IS 20! :D

By the way all my other books have been updated! :D

Please VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE and FOLLOW

.x.x.x.BiBi.x.x.x.