First Day

My alarm clock goes off and I wake up with a jolt. Today was the first day of school and considering my good results from the party, I was mostly ecxited about today, but still a bit nervous.

I hurry to my rocking chair and pick up the outfit Lily and I decided on the night before. It's a sky blue dress with some pretty pastel flowers and lace on the straps and bottom of the dress. I pair it with rosy pink flats and put my hair in a high pony tail. I add a ribbon to match my flats and then I begin my makeup. I use a lot less makeup than I did at the party and I try to use natural colors. I use bronzer on my cheeks to enhance my summer tan, I mix browns an light pinks for my eyes, and I put on a coat of shimmery pink lip gloss. I add mascara and then I am all set!

I go to the kitchen, but don't have any time to get a proper breakfast because Alexx is impatiently honking the horn outside. She is driving me today and I don't want to make her wait too long! I grab a Nature Valley granola bar (healthy, but delicious) and kiss my tearful mom goodbye. She always crys on the first day of school because "I am getting older and so is she"', but I guess most moms do that.

I run outside to Alexx and hop in her red mustang. If I had a car, this would be my first choice (not that my mom and I could ever afford this model). Alexx wouldn't be able to either considering her mom is in jail, but her filthy rich grandma died last year, so she was left with this sweet ride and enough cash to get by and fund for a college education if Alexx wishes to attend.

Alexx and I drive through the next block over to pick up Jay too and when he gets in the car, I can't help but feeling like a bit of a third wheel. Luckily, it's not a big deal, since the ride is only fifteen minutes. 

We arrive at school and I get out of the car after Alexx and Jay. One person is staring and then the staring person taps another person and then there is whispering and then the whole school is staring! They're all staring at me! Trying not to show that their gaze makes me very uncomftorable, I strut into school with a mask of confidence.

"Who's the girl with Alexx and that hottie Jay?" I hear Lindsay's annoying, shrill voice say, with a snicker.

"The girl from the party?" I hear someone say.

"Does she have a name?" asks Victoria, another cheerleader of course.

"Wouldn't give it at the party, I heard. Sluts probably playing hard to get," says Amber, the queen bee, with a snort. Ironic how the biggest whore in the school is calling me a slut.

As I walk to my new locker in the senior hall, I hear other conversations. 

"She is smokinnn," says one familiar voice. Hunter. The ladies' man who just last year was calling me a loser and a freak.

"Close your mouth, Hunter. You'll catch flies," I tell him and he blushes at the fact that I actually could hear him from a few feet away. 

"Hey! He's MY boyfriend," replies a barbie-like girl. She is orange (results of a bad spray tan) and her hair is died a bright blonde that blindes my eyes. She is taking turns glaring at Hunter and me for our little conversation.

"My bad, barbie," I say with attitude, which surprisingly, feels kind of good to say.

"Who are you anyways?" she asks. Not feeling the need to respond to the airhead, I just walk past her, bumping her shoulder without responding to the question, making her frustrated. 

As I walk through the hall, unlike last year, everyone parts like the red sea. I am not pushed around and thrown things at like I once was. 

I look down at my scheadule to find my way to my first class.