Birthday

Sorry for the late update wattpaders! Turns out, my editor doesnt have Microsoft Word anymore because of her computer problems. I had to edit this one myself, but I didn't know that, so that's why it's late. I actually had this written a week ago. Sorry again! Story:

"Um...yeah. Wow!" I stutter. This truly was a surprise.

"Happy birthday!" says Cassie coming up and hugging me.

"Yeah! Happy birthday!" says Lily with a big smile.

"Happy birthday!" Danny, Foster, and Jay say at the same time.

"Happy birthday sweetie." my mom says kissing my forehead and walking back upstairs.

"Where's Alexx?"

"Erm...uh..." stuttered Jay.

"Not coming? I see how it works. One little thing and she blows up in my face. After all these years..." I say sighing. I miss Alexx.

"Let's not dwell on that Addie." says Cassie with a sorrowful look on her face.

"Yeah. It's your birthday. Let's have some fun!" says Lilly.

Everyone agrees. "PARTY!" Jay shouts.

There is loud cheering and music is turned on. My eardrums vibrate with the bass pumping through my bones as I dance wildly. I begin to let loose and forget about all my problems. Occasionally, I say  a simple "thank you!" when people come up to me to tell me "happy birthday", but other than that I stick with my main friends. I know a lot of people here and some look extremely familiar, but I just can't exactly remember their names. Others I don't know at all.

"Hey birthday girl!" says Noah coming up to me.

"Hey Noah!" I say with butterflies in my stomach.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" he asks.

"Sure! What's up?" I ask.

"In private."

"Oh okay."

We walk out the basement doors into my backyard. It is a bit chilly and Ishiver. Noah hands me his leather jacket. Such a gentleman!

"Thanks for being here tonight! It's really nice seeing you!"

"Do you honestly think I'd miss your birthday party?"

"Nah. I just didn't see you at first."

"I arrived late."

"Oh Noah. Always trying to be fashionably late." I can see him crack a smile in the dim light. He doesn't talk for a whole, so I speak up. "So what did you need to talk to me about?"

"I just wanted to say that I'm really glad that I've been blessed with having a wonderful person like you in my life. Thank you for being you. That's all."

“Your exaggerating. You know that? Wonderful person?"

"I speak the truth." Noah says shrugging.

“Well, thank you.”

“No problem.” He says. Our eyes meet and he pulls back a piece of my hair. He leans in to me. As his lips meet mine, I can feel fireworks going off. Why was I scared to kiss this boy? It feels so natural! After a while, my arms wrap around his neck and the kiss starts to deepen.

"Noah. Stop." I whisper.

"There's something you should know."

"I think I know what you're going to tell me."

"I doubt that."

"That you like me, but you also like somebody else too. And you're having a hard time deciding between us."