You Only Live Once

hey a few things before the actual chapter

1. sorry i have not posted more like i said I would. ive acttually had this chapter written and edited for a few days and just kept forgetting to post it until like midnight and i cant acess my computer at that time

2. where i live YOLO is a big thing but in case you dont know it stands for you only live once

it's awesome so pass it on

and i begin...

Waking up the next morning, I go downstairs, eat breakfast, go back upstairs, brush my teeth, and put on a white lace dress with some metallic-colored sandals. Deciding to for a boho chic look today, I put on a cute, horizontal braided headband.

I grimace as I walk out the door because of who is awaiting me. As I pass by Noah today, he doesn’t say anything, he just gives me a long, hard stare. I look away.

At school, I meet up with the girls before homeroom with Mr. Frank.

"Hey, how's it goin'?" asks Amber.

"Could be better. Could be worse. So okay I guess." I respond truthfully.

"Hey, guess what?" says Cassie.

"What?"

"You know, when people say 'guess what?', no one ever guesses..." Lily murmurs staring off into space.

"I guess so." I say.

"Hello?" says Cassie impatiently.

"Oops! Sorry! SPILL CHICA!" I shout.

"My parents said I can have company at the lake house this weekend!" Cassie says.

"Sounds like fun!" I say as Lily shrieks.

"Yeah, love the lake!" Amber says.

"Cool." says Alexx.

"Oh, no. I didn't mean that I was inviting you guys..." Cassie says.

"W-what? So no tubing or jumping off the dock or paddle boating or water gun fights or water skiing or wakeboarding or kneeboarding or cliff diving or-" Lily says upset.

"Lil, I'm kidding." Cassie says.

"Oh, great then! I can't wait! I'll pack tonight and then you must text me about driving plans tomorrow! Do you want to meet up at the lake house? Wait, but gas is so expensive there and we could really just save money if we all carpooled together!"

"Dude, what are you on?" asks Alexx. Lily is being ecspecially hyper today...

"Lily, we can talk about this later, but right now I really need to talk to Addie!"

"Oh, okay! I understand! Just text me, Cass-"

"Get to class you devil childeren!" shouts the mean ginger lady who sat with me during my detention on the first day of school.

"See ya! Talk to you later guys! Tell me what you had to say at lunch!" I tell the girls quickly as I close my locker door and walk to Mr. Frank's room.

"Tardy, Miss Addie." spits mr, Frank. Because of all the spit, when he says 'tardy', it sounds like 'tarty'.

"My bad."

"One more and you get a detention!" he says as I wipe off tiny globs of spit from my forehead.

"Okay. Thanks for the heads up."

Since I hate everyone in my homeroom class, I actually do my homework. I know, weird, right?

I work pretty efficently and end up finishing before the end of class. Thankfully, after ten minutes of sitting around terribly bored, doing nothing, the bell rings.

"Any spitting tantrums today?" asks Jay. His homeroom is across from mine, so we always walk to Ms. Burns' class together.

"You know it! And all because I was a minute or two late." I complain.

"Poor you. I wish they had salivary gland removal surgery. I would totally save up to buy Mr. F that!" Jay says. He's really funny!

"He'd probably take the money and spend it on a new stack of red pens to write detention slips. Does he have children?"

"You honestly think somebody would marry him?"

"Good point. Not really. I mean, if you kissed him, all that spit would-"

"Eww, gross! Don't go there!"

"I'm sorry. I have just started to think of Mr. Frank in a romantic way and that's what came to mind." I joke.

"I understand. The heart wants what the heart wants. Did Cassie talk to you about the lake?"

"Yepp! I am psyched!"

"Me too! Haven't been in forever and it will be nice to go before it gets too cold!"

"Yeah, one last taste of the summer." I say with a sigh as we walk into our Social Studies class:

I'm not late to this class at least!

After Ms. Burns, I have the desperate, single teacher with a gazillion cats and then, lunch.

I get in line at the salad bar with Cassie. I grab a tray and some dressing to go with my Garden Salad. Cassie gets a Caesar and we go sit down.

"Hey, so about earlier, what did you need to tell me?"

"There's a catch with the whole lake thing this weekend."

"A catch?"

"My brother will be there with some of his college buds." she says breaking the news.

"Oh, I see."

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I tried to persuade my parents to let him go another weekend, but it is booked the remaining weekends with warm weather! Sorry! My mom said that it was just as much Noah's lake house as it was mine, so we would have to share it! Not sympathetic about this situation at all!"

"It's okay. I understand."

"Can you still come, though? Or want to?" Cassie asks me.

"Sure, totally. YOLO and I can't let an ex hold me back from having the time of my life at your lakehouse! That'd be stupid." I explain.

"Awesome! Thanks for being so nice and stuff!"

"You're welcome! Anytime!"

Boy, am I in for one hell of a weekend.

Noah...shirtless

Irresistible shirtless.

Me kissing the irresistible shirtless noah.

Me getting back together with the irresistible shirtless Noah after kissing him.

Uh-oh! How am I going to stay mad at him whe he is so good looking?

Hopefully Noah will wear a swim shirt because I don't think I have a large amount of self-control!