Use the force

"Unfortuantely, the comebacks don't work all the time." says Alexx with a sigh.

"So then what do you do?" I ask her. It was the next day and I was having my next lesson.

"You use the force!" she says like it is the most obvious thing in the world.

"Like they do in Star Wars?" I ask her with doubt in my voice.

"No!" she says flicking me.

"Hey!"

"Thats not even real!" she says

"You never know..."

"Ugh." she sighs.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean like beating the crap out of them!"

"I don't wanna hurt anybody."

"Its kind of fun actually."

"Youre scaring me."

Alexx just shrugs. "Look, if you want, you only have to do it once or twice. Then people get your point."

"Do I have to?"

"Yes. Come with me." she says. She leads me to her black Honda accord and I get in the passanger seat. We drive to a local gym about ten minutes away.

"Look...exercise was Cassies thing..."

"Youll see what we're doing." she says with a smirk. I wonder what she has planned....

She signs in at the front desk. We got to the womans locker room and change into sports bras and sofies. Alexx leads me to a small room equipped with a punching bag. There is a buff African American guy in there.

"Hello! I'm Marquis and I will be your boxing instructor." He hands me blue gloves and Alexx red ones.

"Aah the color of blood." Alexx says happy about her gloves. Whacko.

Marquis and I share a look as Alexx daydreams about things Id rather not now about. I shudder just thinking about what goes on in that twisted mind of hers.

"Okay. Let's see what you know already..." Marquis trails off not knowing my name.

"Addison."

"Okay Addison. Punch this bag as hard as you can." This seems easy enough. I take a deep breath and punch the bag super hard. It doesn't move at all.

"You can do better than that." Marquis tells me.

"I don't think so."

"Yeah you can Addison! You punch like my grandma! This time it's a bag not a person. Don't be afraid to

hurt it." Alexx instructs me. Se gets a call.

"Oh hey Cassie!"

"Cassie help!" I scream into Alexx's phone earning me the signature Alexx glare.

"Alexx what are you doing to the poor chica?" asks Cassie through the phone.

"Nothing you wouldn't approve of." Alexx replies.

"Thats vague." says Cassie.

"Boxing. I hate it."

"Oh that's a good workout, so Im with Alexx on this one. I guess Ill leve you two to it." se says and hangs up. Wow. A lot of help she was.

"Try again." says Alexx and Marquis nods in agreement.

I sigh and punch the bag again concentrating harder. The bag moves this time! It actually feels sorta good.

"Nice!" praises Alexx giving me a pat on the back. Marquis smiles. A man of few words I guess.

I continue doing this. I also learn some kicking and basic dodging, flipping, and some other violent techniques. Alexx is getting me a punching bag installed in my basement and I will practice daily, so I can get even better.

"Thanks Marquis!" I say on the way out of the gym. I'm tired. A nice cold shower sounds wonderful now!:)