The Makeover

A/N Summary of first chap at bottom in bold if you want because this chapter stinks tbh haha. Would recommend reading The Biggest Regret, what I'm working on right now. Also need an editor/cover if anyone is interested dm me please!

To see a picture of main character click on this link: http://beautyonthewall.blogspot.com/2012/03/beauty-answers-from-rachel-bilson.html

©Copyright 2013. All Rights Reserved.

I pay for my food in the cafeteria and I hear snickering and shouts of "loser", "nerd", and some worse names I'd rather not repeat. As I turn to see who it is, the sound goes away. After I turn back around, it starts back up again. I know who it is, though.

I dated Tyler, or Ty as I call him, three years ago, when I was in the eighth grade. He broke my heart of course. I was just too innocent and I didn't realize that life is not perfect. Fairy tale romances aren't real. My mom and dad are a good enough of example of this. They divorced when I was an infant and I never see my dad. Ever. I don't have any siblings either-just a few good friends.

Amber is Tyler's on and off girlfriend as of now. Class-A slut.

Anyways, I don't really know exactly why Tyler dumped me the day before high school but I have a pretty good idea.

It seems as if that *sshole thinks he is too good for me. He wants to roll with the big shots.

I was holding him down from being the "it" guy.

But you know, whatever, screw him. He doesn't even have true friends. 

As much as I hate to admit it, it was a painful breakup. Ty was my first relationship. Well, unless you count this guy, James, in my Kindergarten class. It's the usual little kid romance. I liked him and he liked me. Ta-da! And then one day he got down on one knee and gave me a ring-pop. Watermelon flavored, my favourite! So of course, I said yes to the proposal, but that strory's for another day. Does that mean I am technically married? Whatever. I haven't seen the kid in years and I don't think I will ever see him again.

Ever since that incident with Ty, our breakup, I have been a nobody and a fashion disaster. I am not blind- I know the clothes I wear are generally two sizes too larged and don't match and so maybe it's not normal to have a comfy day everyday. But why do I care?

Today is the last day of school of my junior year. I don't know what I want to do with my life in terms of majors and careers, but there is plenty of time for that. I'll figure it out eventually. I can't wait for college though! My fellow classmates will probably be a little more mature about my looks and not judge me. I'm going to go to a prestigious school, preferablly Ivy League, where people actually appreciate me.

As for Tyler, I am so over him and I'm not just saying that. I don't even know why I fell for him in the first place. I was naive back then, but I have hardened. I will not get hurt again. Maybe I won't even get in another relationship. I don't know yet. I haven't planned for anything so far in advance. 

I set my tray down at my usual table. Everyone else was already there amd by that I mean my good friends. I had six good friends I hung out with since middle school that have stuck with me through it all. They are my true friends and I love them to death! 

In our little group, there are two couples. Danny and Cassie and Alexx and Jay! There are also Lily and Foster, Well, they're not one of the couples, but I know they will be soon, so maybe I should make that three couples and me.

Regarding Lily and Foster, they are perfect for each other, but unless Foster has some alchohol in his system, he is super shy. Not likely to make a move. Anyways, Lily is a total girly girl, but not a mean one. She is really friendly! She also is very pretty and always has a positive outlook on life which is very hard to do sometimes. Lily has dirty blond hair that is medium length and she usually wears it in a high ponytail. Did I mention she is the captain of the cheer-leading squad? Usually all their pep annoys me, but she is different from them all. She does it more to compete in competitions and the tumbling part of the sport. She only does football cheerleading because she thinks basketball cheerleading is so overrated, which I would completely agree with, though personally I'm not a huge fan of football cheerleading either. I put up with her sport for a short season and she puts up with my dreadful outfits for years, so I really have no right in this matter.