Getting Nowhere

Would Tyler tell me secret? He wouldn't, would he? It affected him as much as it affected me, but I guess it didn't directly state his name. 

I find my friends at our lunch table. I ignore the pointing and whispering and thankfully no guys ask me out at this time like they have been all day. 

"Whats wrong?" asks Cassie concerned when she sees my expression. 

"Nothing, really, I'm fine," I say quickly, but my friends know me well enough to know I am completely lieing.

"To the tree!" yells Danny and people turn to stare at him. Everyone nods their heads in agreement and we all walked to this ginormus tree in the woods in the back of the school. No one knows about it except some of the druggies who come here to smoke pot in privacy. Their loss. The tree has so many branches, so after we all climb the tree, everyone is spread out on different branches. We all have carved our names in here. It's a willow tree, so it's surprising the branches can hold all of us. The leaves cast over our bodies, concealing us from other people milling about in the courtyard and parking lot, so we can see them while they can't see us.

Eww, there's a guy picking his nose. If only he knew somebody was looking, huh? This was a great people watching spot.

"Whattup?" asks Alexx popping her bubble gum. She blows bubbles so big, I'm shocked they don't pop and get all in her hair. That would be a mess to get out.

I don't say anything and instead show them the note and thorny stem.

"This is definentely Tyler." says Alexx, which everyone knows of course is wrong. Tyler wouldn't do that because he wanted to become closer to me and this would put a strain on our already suckish relationship. He was many things, but he wasn't capable of a hit and run, or thinking up something as creepy as the thorns.

"No it's not," I deny Alexx's theory.

"How do you know?" she asks. 

"Well, he said that-"

"You can't trust anything that scumbag says," Alexx tells me, cutting me off.

"Wait, Tyler knows!?" asks Cassie. 

"Yeah." 

"You told him before us?" Lily looks a little hurt at this, so I am quick to reassure her.

"He found out by accident. I was careless and the note fell out of my back pocket."

"If it's not Tyler, than who is it?" asks Alex obviously considering the idea. 

"I don't know!" 

"I know how to find out though!" says Alexx with a glint of excitement in her eyes. 

"How?" 

"The security tapes! And they say I'm as dumb as a doornail,"Alexx says, snickering.

"Sweetie, that's because your highest grade is a seventy-two and that's in Chorus. How are you almost failing that class?" Jay says with a laugh.

"I don't go, that's why. And when I do, I don't sing. I make bird noises and pretend to be summoning the dead, like a hum or a CA-CAW!"

"Alexx, how are we going to get the tapes?" Foster asks her, finally saying something and taking her away from the distraction.

"Let's go ask to see them!" I say excitedly, hopping off my lower branch as they all climb down. 

"Its not like that. Well have to steal them. They don't just show those tapes to everyone." says Alexx. 

"Bummer..." says Lily sighing.  

"Why? This will be an adventure! It's gonna be fun!" says Alexx cheerily.