Dalton Imagine for Melissa

Imagine:

"Everyone ready? RED TEAM? BLUE TEAM? OKAY...GO!" The lights go down and the game begins. It's five against five as you and your friends play against IM5. Laser tag is one of your favorite things to do,  and you're really good at it. You hide high and get in position. You're like a sniper, hidden in plain sight. You watch as one by one, Will, Cole, and Gabe walk into your path. One - Will is out. Two - you nail Cole, and he's out, too. Three - in succession, you also get out Gabe.

"What?"
"How'd we..."
"Who just shot us?" The three of them looked up and saw you. You knew they'd tell Dana and Dalton if they got the chance, so you had to move. One of your teammates, Jess, runs up to you.

"Nice shooting!"
"Thanks, but we're not done yet."
"I'll cover you."

Jess runs out quickly, darting across the field to the next shielded area. She makes it, though someone was shooting at her. You look at her and she mouths "Dana" to you.

"AHA!" The other girls on your team shoot at Dana, getting him out. No sooner do they shoot him do they get taken out themselves, just like you took out Cole, Will and Gabe. There was only one player left on their team: Dalton.

"GIVE IT UP, DALTON! IT'S TWO AGAINST ONE. WE'LL GET YOU OUT NO PROBLEM!"

Silence.

You knew he was watching; waiting. He had the same tactic you did, sniper-like. Jess was about to run out when you stopped her. "NO! That's exactly what he wants! Stay here. I have an idea!" You begin singing.

In the good times and the bad times, we've all been there...

"WHO IS SINGING? THAT'S AMAZING!" Cole was on the intercom.
"SHUT UP, COLE!" Dalton made the mistake of turning around and you took your shot. "GOTCHA!" You did it. You outsmarted Dalton, and you won the game.

"NOT FAIR! REMATCH!"
"Awe, come on. You lost. It was going to happen," Jess yelled up to a frustrated Dalton. He climbs down and takes off his gear. As you and Jess walk out, your teammates hug you. You take your gear off and walk over to Dalton.

"I would've let you win, but it was too tempting to beat you."
"Let me win? LET ME WIN? REALLY?" He was getting anxious. You patted him on the shoulder and said "You want to beat me at something, then you pick the game."
"Fine! Skee ball on the boardwalk!"
"Done."

The ten of you walked down the street a ways until you got to the boardwalk. You entered the arcade and put your money in the machines.

"NOW We'll see who beats who!" You smile as he says this. After 3 rounds, he's got you beat.
"HA!" You sigh and giggle. "Oh, Dalton...what am I ever going to do with you?" He gets a devious grin on his face and you begin to run. In no time, he's grabbed you from behind and is spinning you around in circles, both of you laughing and having and awesome time. He finally sets you down and you look at each other...feeling very awkward because you both enjoyed that too much to just be friends. You shake the awkwardness first and say "I'll race you to mini-golf course!" You dash as fast as you can to the Mini-Golf course and walk in.

"MELISSA?" Dalton sounds confused, so you poke your head out. "In here!" He follows you in and you pick your color golf ball. He chooses the dark blue one because it looks like the TARDIS. You pick the red one so you can find it against his color. As you begin the course, you bet Dalton he could be any worse than you are. "I'm not taking that bet. I'm pretty good at this," he responds. You smirk and stick your tongue out at him and he gets mock-offended.

At hole #1, Dalton tells you to go first. It's just a straight line, but you really are bad at this and you miss it completely. "You have terrible form." "No comments from the peanut gallery," you respond. He smiles and walks over to you. "Here, try this," he says as he stands behind you and adjusts your stance. You feel comfortable like this and don't want him to let go as he puts his lips to your ear. "Guide it like this," he says softly as he guides you through the putt. You're both standing there watching the ball sink right in to the hole, and he's still got his arms around you.

"Ahem," you hear Dana say from behind you. Quickly, you break apart and awkwardly stand there as Dalton hits his ball into the hole on the first try. You two move ahead of everyone else since they seem to have caught up to you. You and Dalton try to put some distance between you and the group.

At the end of the game, Dalton has you beat by a lot. You turn your clubs back in and before you can walk out, Dalton pulls you aside. "Hey, sorry for the awkward moment back there...I'm not sure what got into me..." You blush. "That's okay...I don't mind." He looks to you, blushing as well, and you two walk out.

"Hey, I'm hungry. How about some dinner," Dalton offers as the sun sets. You agree, and you walk to the nearest pizza parlor. You order a slice of cheese pizza, and he orders two. Sitting at your booth, Dalton looks frustrated again.

"You okay?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You look like you've got something on your mind."
"Oh, uh...It's noth- I'd rather...Um..." You see his face flushing red again. Without thinking, you take his hand. "Dalton?"
"Melissa, I...I like..."
"What?"
"Can I try something?"
"Sure." He motions for you to sit next to him, so you do. The next thing you know, his lips are pressed against yours. It only lasts a few seconds, but you enjoyed it fully.
"Um...I just want to know...uh...how you feel about that." He can barely look at you. Instead of speaking, you pull his face towards yours and kiss him again. This kiss lasts longer, and you feel his arms wrap around you. His tongue grazes your lips, so you let him in, deeping the kiss. 30 seconds felt like 10 minutes when you finally broke the kiss and bit your bottom lip in delight.

"WHOO! WOOT WOOT! YEAH!"

You hear the comments from the other eight people you are with, but you ignore them. All that matters is Dalton. They try to come over, but you shoo them away.

"So, what does this mean," you ask him.
"It means I'd sure like it if you'd be my girl." Trying not to be too eager, you tease. "I might have to think about it..." He looks at you, worried. You giggle and kiss him quickly, staying very close to his face. "I'd be honored." He relaxes and kisses you again, making time stand still.