Chapter 42

August 26th

It is two weeks later now. Aria hadn't tried to contact me after that night. I miss her.

September 4th

Hanna stranded in my appartment again. She misses Aria. We both got wasted and Hanna blacked out on my couch. I'm waiting to hear from Aria. I need to hear from Aria.

September 13th

I was her cure,
And she was my disease.
I was saving her,
But she was killing me.

September 19th

I need Aria. I need to hear from her. I miss how our fingers intertwined, I miss how her small body curled up against mine. I'm craving for her touch.

October 1th

I almost got fired today. I'm not working hard enough. I'm late all the time. I don't care as long as Aria is gone.

October 15th

It was late. It was 3 AM I believe. I couldn't sleep at all. I stayed up
For the whole night.

It was 8 AM now. It is Saturday so I don't have to work. I was laying on my bed, trying to recover from the brutal hangover I got yesterday when suddenly the phone rang. I jumped up, hoping to hear Aria on the other side of the line.

"Ezra" I mumbled, trying to sound sober

"Ezra, it's me. Dr. Brown"

"Wait, why are you calling me" I answered, desperately wanting to know how Aria was

"We want you to come" he spoke

"Why? Is- is something wrong?"

"Just come and see her" Brown spoke and hung up the phone. I was afraid. I was frightened for what was gonna happen. For Aria's state. I was panicking but still, I gathered my last bit of masculinity together and made my way to my car. Every second that past, I got more nervous but also more excited. I was gonna see her again, and no matter if she is crazy or healthy, I will always love her. I will always crave for her. My heart skipped a beat when I parked my car on the parking lot, I took a deep breath and opened the door. The weird smell of hospital welcomed me as I made my way to Brown's office. I knocked on the door. A wave of insecurity rushed through my body. Brown opened the door.

"Ezra, you made it" He said and a small smile appeared on his face

"Yeah, how's Aria?" I asked as I rushed my hand through my hair

"Why don't you go see for yourself?"Brown said. "I think she's in her room"

I just nodded and walked outside, preparing myself for the worst. As I made my way to Aria's room, horrifying patients and agonizing screames filled the room.
"Aria is one of them too," I thought but quickly abandoned that thought from my mind. Aria wasn't like them, not at all. I arrived at her room, hesitated for a second and then slowly opened the door. I didn't hear anything at first, no sobs, but also no giggles. I turned on the light and roamed my eyes around the room, but Aria was nowhere to be found. Not in this room. I turned on my heels and ran back to Brown's office.

"She's did it" I wishpered in disbelief. "She really did it" I said, but Brown gave me a confused look.

"She did what?"

"She escaped" I said and looked him in his eyes

"That's impossible Ezra, you can't escape here"

"But she isn't in her room!"

"Did you check the public area?" Brown frowned

"Wh- what?"

"Did you, or did you not check the public area?"

"I thought she couldn't go there?"

"Just go see for yourself if she's there" Brown said, I turned around and made my way to the public room, still a little confused. I can remember very clearly what Brown said last time I checked up on her.

"She's not allowed to go to the public area, there are too many distractions there"

This is progress

~

I stood in front of the public room, and opened the door. I saw a lot of people, and they were all wearing the same white hospital gown, except for some therapists. The sweet sound of a piano filled my ears and my eyes roamed around the room for Aria. I didn't see her at first, I only saw a few pairs of lifeless eyes staring at me, judging me. I walked in and when I took a few more steps I saw who was playing the piano. It was the most beautiful girl in this world. Her long brown hair curled on her back and her beautiful big eyes were focussed on the white and black keys.  I gulped when I saw her, when I saw how much she had changed, how much she had recovered.

"Aria" I gasped, and suddenly her face turned towards me. As soon as she saw me her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. Her cheeks were pink again and her lips were full again.

"Ezra?" She said, stood up and walked towards me. With every step she took, her pace fastened and in the end the girl ran straight into my arms and engulfed me in a hug. "Ezra" she said as she nuzzeld her head in my neck.

"I'm here Aria, I'm here" I said and pressed a kiss on top of her head. A few 'awws' filled the room when Aria wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips against mine. A little gesture for me, a big step for Aria.

"I missed you"

"I missed you too" I said and smiled against her lips, our foreheads still touching.

"They say I can go home soon"

"What?!" I gasped and placed my hands on her arm, looking her in her eyes. She started giggling and nuzzled herself in my chest again.

"I'm coming home"