Chapter 31

"Stop! He's guilty!" Ezra had yelled after he bursted through the doors.

"Who's that?"

"My only salvation"

~

"Sorry sir, what are you doing here? This isn't a public case, I'm asking you to leave" the judge spoke and a few guards stood in front of Ezra to prevent him from walking any further

"Mr. Fitz?! What the fuck are you doing here?!" Noel yelled as he saw the man standing in the dooropening, and he slammed his fist against the table.

"Saving Aria" Ezra spoke before he turned to the judge. "He's guilty, and I have the evidence"

"I'm sorry, but even if you have, it's still illegally obtained evidence. It's against the law. You can go now" The judge spoke before he gathered his papers together and grabbed his leather bag.

"I'm sorry?! Fuck the law! I'm here to safe her from that, that!" Ezra said as he gestured to Noel, and I could see he was getting more frustrated by every second.

"I'm sorry, but I just can't do this. You may think 'fuck the law,' but since I'm a judge, I can't. We're done here" the judge spoke and I saw Noel had a big smirk on his face.

"Okay, maybe we can't use this, but please at least listen to me. Please listen what I have to say" Ezra begged. the judge hesitated for a second

"Okay, go on"

"I don't even have evidence by the way, I just looked at the right spots" Ezra said and walked towards me. "You see, Aria has this big wound on the back of her head. It isn't fully healed yet, but luckily she doesn't need a bandage anymore. But the wound though, it was so big, she could never have caused that by a fall, there is no possibility she caused this by herself. This is done on purpose, and I have the medical records" Ezra said and laid the pack of paper on the judges desk. A little smile crept on my face when I saw he really did effort to help me. He really cares about me. "And now, see her hand. Fresh out of the bandage. This is a burn mark judge, and not just a burn mark. This is just like before, done on purpose." Ezra said as he gently took my hand in his and showed the judge the huge, red mark that was carved on my hand. Forever a memory of Noel, a memory that would never, ever fade away.

"You're right, I can see all this, but there is no prove that Mr. Kahn here did that to the girl"

"There's also no evidence he didn't do it" Ezra spoke before he carried on. "Also, I found Miss Montgomery here a while ago, laying on the kitchen floor. She had almost killed herself judge. I think you have to take that seriously, she didn't do it for nothing" Ezra spoke, and that made me break down in sobs again. He looked at me with an encouraging smile before he continued. "I took her to hospital, and luckily, she survived. But when I was in her house, I found blood on her nightstand, and all over her bed. When I inspected the room, and looked under her bed, I found this. And I'm pretty sure it belongs to Mr. Kahn here" Ezra said before he grabbed something from the pocket of his coat. "I don't even want to know what happened there" Ezra said as he showed a white sock. And indeed, it was Noels.

"I- I- I can explain" Noel stuttered

"No. Aria, I need to hear from you, exactly what happened" the judge said. I couldn't do it. I was not able to tell it, I was not mentally ready. But I had to. This was my last and only change to lock Noel up.

"Well, I- I was home and, and Noel came and, he was drunk and he carried me upstairs, and I- I told him to stop- stop but he dr-dropped me and I hit my head" I sobbed out, and just for a splitsecond, without anyone seeing it, Ezra grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly before he quickly let go.

"You don't have to tell if you're not ready" he said, but the judge disagreed.

"Sorry Miss Montgomery, but I need to hear it from you. Now." He said, and now I knew I had to do it. This was my last hope, my last chance, and I couldn't fuck it up. I wouldn't fuck it up.

"Well, he- he.." I said, while tears were flowing over my face.
"He raped me"

From then on everything went blurry from the amount of salty tears that were forming in my eyes. The only thing I could see was Ezra's wide eyes and dropped jaw by this new information. Not even he knew, only mom and Natalia did for so far. This was the second time ever I said it out loud, and to see Ezra's face, full with disbelief was almost unbearable for me, because no. I couldn't believe this myself either. The judge looked at me for a second, talked to one of the juries, before he spoke the final declaration.

"Noel Kahn, 4 years in prison due to mental, sexual and physical abuse!"

That were the last words he spoke before he left the room. Everything from then on went in slow motion, Noel was screaming some nasty things at me and Ezra while he was being dragged away to prison. Mom, Mike and Natalia tried to talk to me but I couldn't respond. I was only bawling my eyes out at the sight of Noel leaving. Why was I so upset? I have no idea. Maybe it were happy tears, maybe it were sad tears. Even though everything Noel had done to me and my family, there was still something inside of me that hoped he was another person. Something inside of me was still hoping this was some kind of wicked dream and Noel was still the sweet and sensible boy he was when we met, but what a shame. He wasn't, and he'll never be.

After a while of sitting there, when I finally came back to senses, everyone was gone. I had no idea how long I've been staring at that wall, but it was probably long enough for everyone to leave me alone. Like always. I stood up from my chair, and grabbed my bag but it was only then I noticed the figure that was standing in the doorway.

"Aria" he spoke. From that moment on I couldn't think anymore. My body moved, and my mind reacted. Before I knew it my short legs were running towards him and as soon as I reached him I jumped in his arms, wrapped my legs around him, nuzzled my head in his neck and broke down in sobs.

"Shh, Aria, it's over, it's all over"

"It's over Ezra, it's really over"

A/N

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS BUT MAYBE SOME OF YOU HAVE NOTICED I DON'T UPDATE EVERY SINGLE DAY ANYMORE (well I actually do lately :,))

BUT I HAVE MY REASONS:

1- I'M SUPER BUSY WITH SCHOOL WITH BIG EXAMS COMING UP AND STUFF LIKE THAT

2- I'M MORE 'QUALITY OVER QUANTITY" NOW, I DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU GUYS A CRAPPY CHAPTER 'JUST BECAUSE I HAD TO UPDATE'

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND, I REALLY REALLY TRY TO UPDATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, AND EVERY TIME I HAVE THE CHANCE I'M WORKING IN THIS ;,)

And also sorry if this chapter was kinda boring but there's MUCH more coming up MEHEHEH 😈

I HOPE YOU STILL LIKE THE STORY AND I LOVE YOU ALL