Chapter 7

"ARIA!"

I ran to the girls bathroom, ignoring him calling my name. I don't want him to see me like this, I don't want him to see me breaking down.

"Aria! Wait!"  He yelled again but I rushed into the bathroom and locked myself in a tiny toilet stall. I pressed my back to the wall and dropped myself down while bawling my eyes out. I heard a door open, and I knew it was him. He is the last one I want to talk to.

"Aria?! Aria!" He yelled but I ignored him. I heard his footsteps coming closer and a soft knock on the door.

"Aria, let me in" He sighed, but I didn't move.

"I know you're in here Aria" he said. "I'm sorry for what happened"

"Go away" I almost wishpered

"I won't leave you here like this Aria, just let me talk to you" he said. I wiped away my tears, stood up and opened the door.

"I have nothing to tell you"

"Aria.. Come on, I'm sorry okay?"

"You're sorry?! How did all this happen anyway?"

"It isn't my fault!"

"Why are you so defensive if it isn't your fault?!"

"Because Jake made this up!!"

"And why would I believe that?!" I almost yelled now. I was so mad, even though I shouldn't be. Maybe it really isn't his fault.

"You know I would never say something like that!"

"Why not? You could be the school hero! The one who finally got through the walls of the school nerd, Aria Montgomery!"

"Aria, I would never do that, and you know why I wouldn't?"

"Tell me" I said as I raised my eyebrow

"Because I'm madly in love with you, Aria Montgomery" he said and carefully placed his hand on my cheek. I was really taken back by that. I didn't expect to hear that, not at this moment, not now. What I also didn't expect was that I actualy believed him.

"I love you too, Noel Kahn"

He wrapped his arms around my body, helped me clean my tear-stained face and we walked back to English together. I still wasn't feeling comfortable around him, but I know I love him. I know that feeling of awkwardness wouldn't be permanent. As I walked through the door I felt all the pairs of judging eyes inspecting me and Noel as we walked back to our seats. Fitz was sitting at his desk, and I could feel his eyes were following me with every step I took. I dropped myself down at my chair and decided to ignore the judging looks. They can think whatever they want. As long as I got my friends and Noel I'm good. I don't need the haters, I will only give them more to talk about. After a long, silent hour and reading Romeo and Juliet the lesson was finally over so I jumped out of my chair and rushed to the door, before I heard Fitz calling my name.

"Miss. Montgomery, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Well, actually I've got a class to attend, can't this wait for another moment?"

"Actually no. I will give you a late pass" he said while rushing his hand through his hair. I nodded, closed the door and walked to his desk.

"Actually, I don't really want to talk about it.." I sighed

"Aria, you have to talk about it! Is this what you were writing about? Is he abusing you?" He said and looked me straight into my eyes

"What?! No! I don't want to talk about it okay?!" I raised my voice and turned around. I wanted to walk away but before I could Fitz jumped out of his chair and grabbed my arm to stop me from walking. I felt another shock of electricity run through my body. What was this feeling?

"Will I see you tonight?" he asked hopefully

"See you tonight Fitz" I smiled and walked out of class. That was so weird.

~

"Aria, I'm really sorry what happened.. It isn't my fault. I don't know what is going on okay? I also don't know why I did what I did. I hate myself for forcing myself to you.. I hate myself for doing that" Noel sighed. He was holding my hand as we sat on his bed, talking about the previous events.

"But how does Jake know? Did you tell him?! Why is the whole damn school thinking I'm a whore?"

"He saw us! He saw Fitz, he saw everything! Aria, you have to believe me. I really love you. I don't want to loose you" he sighed and pressed a light kiss on my hand.

"Promise me one thing?"

"Of course"

"Never do this to me again" I wishpered

"I won't Aria, I lost my mind in that moment. You drive me crazy, I didn't know what I was doing.."

"I believe you Noel" I smiled and pressed a kiss on his lips. I could feel him smiling against my lips and he wrapped his arms around me. We were fine, Noel and I were good. Nothing had happened today, I just had to focus on my writing now. After a while of snuggling into Noel's chest and enjoying each other company I felt my eyelids were turning heavy, and after I few minutes I stopped fighting against it and fell asleep.

~

I woke up again, on Noel's couch, but Noel wasn't here with me. At the background I heard some vague voices and when I opened my eyes the sound came closer. Noel walked in and he was calling someone. I decided to pretend to be asleep when Noel sat down next to me and brushed my hair.

"Yes, she's asleep now"

"I know, everyone in school is talking about it, we did a pretty grea job"

"Dude, we did way more then just kiss, get over it."

"No. I won the bet"

Wait, what?

"Good. I have to go now, goodbye Mike"

Wait, WHAT?!