Chapter 8

"Noel? What was that?!" I suddenly said after Noel laid his phone back on the table.

"What was what babe?"

"You know exactly what I am talking about" I hissed

"Look Aria, I don't know what you've heard but it's not what it seems"

"I know exactly what this is Noel!" I mumbled, got up from the couch and grabbed my coat

"Aria!" Noel said and grabbed my arm. "Just let me talk. This is NOT what it seems"

"Then tell me what this is."

"We weren't talking about you"

"Oh, great! So now you're cheating on me?!"

"No! Aria, just before we got into a relationship I hooked up with Mona. Mike and I made a bet, it was stupid and childish I know. I'm sorry Aria" Noel said and leaded me back to the couch

"But why would you do that?! Poor Mona!" I said. Even though I hate Mona, and even though Mona is the school bitch, she doesn't deserve that.

"I don't know, I'm sorry Aria! It's in the past now!" Noel said as he placed his hand on my leg

"Okay. Just promise me you won't do that again" I said and Noel gave me a little smile. The weird part was that I didn't believe a single word he was saying. How much I wanted to believe it, there was a part of the story that just didn't fit. He lied about something but I couldn't figure out what.

"I have to go now Noel, see you later" I said as I wiped his hand off my leg and stood up.

"What?! Why? I thought maybe we could watch a movie or something?" Noel pouted

"No, I have an appointment" I said, grabbed my purse and walked out of the door.

"Wait, Aria?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you?"

"I love you too."

~

Here I was again. Standing in front of his appartment. I knocked on his door and seconds later a very happy Fitz opened the door.

"Hey Aria! Good to see you!" He smiled and closed the door behind me once I got in

"Of course Fitz, I don't want to miss our writing appointments" I smiled and walked to the couch where Fitz dropped himself next to me.

"You can call me Ezra here, remember?" He smiled

"Oh. Yeah. Still feels kinda weird though" I chuckled

"Also feels kina weird to have you sitting next to me" Ezra said. I gave him a questioning look and then he realized I had no clue about what he was talking about. "I mean after what happened this morning, with Noel, and in class"

"I don't want to talk about it" I mumbled and just there I heard some noise coming from his kitchen.

"Ah, that must be the food" Ezra said and stood up. He walked to his kitchen and a few minutes later he walked back with two plates of mac and cheese.

"I'm not the best chef, but I tried my best" he chuckled as he put the plate down in front of me.

"Oh, I don't mean to be rude but I'm not hungry. I already ate before" I said.

"Oh, are you sure?" Ezra said.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I smiled. Ezra shrugged, grabbed my plate and walked to the kitchen. After a while he came back with a glass of water for me and a big grin on his face.

"Soo, the reason why I've called you here is because there's a huge writers practise for young people like you this weekend. This is a perfect oppertunity to practise!" Ezra smiled

"Really? And you want me to go there?! That's amazing!" I yelled

"I know right?!! But, before we go too crazy, the practise is in New York. It is two days long, so we have to grab an hotel there if that's not a problem for you?"

"Oh, no I'm sure it isn't. This is my chance to meet other talented writers!" I smiled

"Yes, it is! Oh and for the hotel, you can share your room with someone. I'm also taking my girlfriend with me" he said as he grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. "Where do we start?"

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I spilled out. Of course he has a girlfriend, what was I thinking? A handsome, young man like him, of course he has a girlfriend. And I have a boyfriend. Why was I feeling this kind of loss over someone I never had, and never will have? "Nevermind, it doesn't make sense"

"Yes. I've got a girlfriend. You didn't expect that from your boring ugly teacher did you?" He chuckled

"Hey! I never said you're boring!"

"No, but yoy thought so."

"And you're certainly not ugly" I chuckled. What. The. Fuck Aria.

"What?" Fitz said after an awkward silence

"Just forget I ever said that, it's stupid" I chuckled and quickly grabbed the piece of paper and wrote something down.

This was too emberassing.