Chapter 39

A/N

JUST LISTEN TO THE SONG YOU CAN THANK ME LATER (yes it was in a pll episode I know)

ARIA'S POV

Stop the world from spinning around
Feels like the sky is falling down
Can't breathe in, I can't breathe out
I'm afraid that I might drown
Can't stay afloat I'm just

A skipping stone
An echo on the water
I'm letting go
Surrender to the bottom

Another rising tide
Another storm to fight
Come and take me
I'm just a skipping stone

I was pacing back and forth in our tiny hotel room, waiting for Ezra to come back. Something wasn't right, something felt wrong. Walking away, leaving me with a thousend questions wasn't something Ezra would do. He wouldn't dare to leave me like this. I decided to unpack my suitcase and gather my belongings in the dusty old closet that was standing in the corner of the room. Suddenly, I heard a loud bang on the door.

"Roomservice!" A women yelled and one moment after that a middle aged women walked in. "Hello Aria" she smiled and sat down next to me on the rusty bed.

"Who- how? What?" I asked, stumbling over my own words and gave her a confusing look

"What's wrong Aria?"  The women asked

"Who- how do you know my name? You- you're...." I mumbled "you're the roomservice, right?"  I asked and the women let a loud sigh.

"Aria, you don't remember me?"

"No- no go away!" I said as I raised my voice. "Get out! Where's Ezra" I yelled as I jumped up from the bed and walked to the door. Unfortunately, it was locked. "GET OUT!" I yelled, harder this time as salty tears formed in my eyes.

"Aria, Aria calm down, it's me" the women said and walked towards me but I crawled into the farthest corner of the room.

"Get the fuck out! I don't know you!" I yelled and now the tears were streaming down my cheeks. "I want Ezra! Get Ezra! Now!" I cried and the women unlocked the door with a key.

"I wasn't expecting this, I thought you were strong enough.." The women sighed

"Wha- what are you talking about?! Get the fuck out, you're making me crazy!" I screamed and banged my fists against the wall.

"This is a wicked world, and you're the victim.. Poor Aria" the women said before she left the room.

EZRA'S POV

Is this just a wicked game?
Will it wash with the next rain?
Can't give in I can't give up
I'm trying hard it's not enough
Throw myself to the unknown

Like a skipping stone
An echo on the water
I'm letting go
Surrender to the bottom

Another rising tide
Another storm to fight
Come and take me
I'm just a skipping stone

I left her. I left my girl, my Aria behind in a fucking mental hospital. I probably screwed up now, she's never going to forgive me. But ironically enough, it was a reassuring fact to know that this was making the girl better. Her happiness was most important to me, whether it was with or without me.  I was trying to put myself together in my appartment but I didn't really succeed though. Everywhere I looked I saw Aria. I saw her in my sweatshirt she used to wear, I saw her in the marker that was laying on top of my nightstand, I saw her in the dirty dishes that were waiting to get washed, I saw her in the sheets on my bed, I saw her everywhere.