Chapter 2

Crap.

I felt my cheeks were turning red so I hid my head behind my book in the hope he didn't see me.

"So, as I said, I will be your new AP English teacher. I hope you will like me just as much as you liked Mr. Farler, I've heard some great story's about him" He chuckled and lightly scratched his lower lip while looking up. "As you can read, my name is Ezra Fitz, better known as Mr. Fitz"

"Ahum, better known as hot stuff, look at him!" Hanna wishpered in my ear which caused me to giggle

"Ahum, better known as your teacher! Don't even think about it Marin!" I wishpered back but Hanna just shrugged

"Okay, I guess I have to check the attendance or something, please do not blame me, this teaching thing is new for me" he chuckled and grabbed the sheet with our names on it.

"Andrew Campbell"

"Present!"

"Alison Dilaurentis"

"I'm here!"

"Emily Fields"

"Here!"

Fitz roamed his eyes over the paper and I was waiting for my name to come up. Then I had to reveal myself.

"Aria Montgomery"

"Aria Montgomery?"

"Aria! Speak up!" Hanna hissed in my ear and it was just then I realized Fitz had called my name.

"Oh, I'm here, sorry" mumbled as a loose piece of hair fell in front of my face

"Oh, I see, the coffee girl.. Interesting" Fitz grinned

"What does he mean, the coffee girl?Spencer wishpered in my ear

"I spilled all my coffee over him, and myself. Oops" I chuckled

"Wait, what coffee??"

"The coffee I stole from the teachers, that coffee!" I smirked

"And you didn't share?! Our friendship is over!" Spencer joked and we continued listening to Fitz who was calling more names.

"Hanna Marin"

"Over here Fitzy" Hanna smiled and raised her hand. I let out loud gagging noises because of Hanna's flirty behaviour, which caused the whole class -inclusive Fitz- to laugh.

"Thank you for your contribution, Miss Montgomery"

"No problem, Fitzy" I smirked, grabbed my glasses from my face and threw them in my bag

"Way to go Montgomery" Noel smirked and high fived me.

"Good" Fitz said and let out an awkward cough. "I will all hand you a copy of the first book we're gonna read, Romeo and Juliet"

"But Ezra, we already did that book with Mr. Farler!" Isabelle said and pulled her shirt down so you could see more chest now

"It's Mr. Fitz" he said, clearly avoiding her hints "and yes, he told me but I want to show you my insight of the story"

"Bro, we all know what's gonna happen. Romeo dies, Juliet dies, not cool anymore dude" Noel yelled

"Please don't be so negative about this book, it's worth reading it twice. I've actually read it 7 times" he laughed

"Cough, loser, cough" Noel said and his friend Jake high fived him this time

"Well hello there, I've read this book 4 times, now I'm a loser too?" I pouted and Jake laughed

"Okay, okay I will read it. Again" Jake said whilst rolling his eyes. A few seconds later the bell rang so everyone gathered their stuff and walked out of class, except for me.

"Hey babe, are you coming with me?" Noel said and grabbed my hand

"I have to ask Fitz something, I'll be right with you" I said and gave him a kiss before pulling away and making my way to his desk.

"Miss Montgomery? I didn't expect you here" Ezra said as he laid down his copy of Romeo and Juliet. "You're free to go, you know that?"

"I know, I just have to ask you something" I shrugged

"Okay, go on"

"Well, Mr. Farler used to help me with my writings, he always helped me with the grammar and perfecting my stories" I started. "I was wondering if there was any chance you would want to do that for me now Mr. Farler is gone.." I asked hopefully and pulled my bag over my shoulder

"Ah, I see, you're a hard worker, but I'm not planning on doing an essay anytime soon and when I do, I will help you and the rest of the students, of course" Ezra smiled

"No, no you don't understand" I said and let a small laugh. "My own writings. This doesn't have anything to do with essays, this is for myself"

"You write for yourself?" Fitz asked and raised his eyebrows before taking a sip of his coffee

"Yes I do"

"Didn't expect that from you, coffee girl" He smirked and placed his cup down on his desk.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. Now do you want to help me or not? I asked Mr. Farler but his wife got really sick, he has to take care of her."

"Of course, what can I do to help you?"

"Farler would always help me after school, or he would take my work home so he had all the time to read it" I said

"Okay, I'm willing to do that. I would love to help a student to broaden her creative mind" Fitz said and his blue-hazel eyes lit up behind a little, brown wavy curl.

"Okay, here's the first piece.. It's not good but it's something" I mumbled and reached for the paper in my bag. I handed him the folded ball of paper, quickly turned around and walked away.

EZRA'S POV

Well, that was weird. I was never expecting to get a question like this, on my first day of school. Especially not from Aria Montgomery. She's so, mysterious. I can't read her at all. From the moment I bumped into her at the coffee machine untill now, I have no idea who she is. She looks like the typical shy girl, hid behind her glasses, being ashamed for her love for books and literature, but she acted the complete opposite. So grown up, she acted like she could handle the world, she acted like the 'badass' school girl. But she wasn't the badass school girl, neither the shy nerd. She was one thing. Mysterious. I opened the little folded ball of paper and smoothed it untill I was able to read the curly letters.

"Hey babe, wanna grab coffee tomorrow? -Ali"

"Sure hun, I'll be there - Aria"

At first I thought she gave me the wrong piece of paper, but when I turned it around I saw the same curly handwriting.

Burdens.

All my life I have lived with the burden of being trapped in my own body. Blood running through my veins, oxygen reaching my loungs, thoughts trapped in my mind. Not being able to escape. Not being able to show my wings and fly.
Days pass by, wishes come true, life goes on, thoughts remain trapped. Perhaps speaking would help, but oh well, so does leaving.

(Let's just pretend she wrote an amazing piece of literature which obviously I can't)

Damn. This girl could write, this is amazing. She was better then most seniors were, she was better then me. This girl had an amazing talent and she used it well. This is amazing. I was stunned by the words this girl had put on paper, the feelings she had. But somewhere deep in my heart, I was praying to god these weren't her feelings.

How can someone express these feelings and write these words without feeling the hurt?