Chapter 35

After a long breakfast that I had to consume by myself, not with Aria's slim body next to me, I sighed and piled up the large amount of dirty dishes that was waiting to get washed. I just didn't have the time or the energy to clean my house and right now there was not a fuck I gave. I had to take care of Aria, that's my first priority. Suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring and a loud bang on the door.

"I'm coming!!" I yelled and walked towards the door. It was probably just Natalia, who I had forgotten to cancel. I quickly grabbed my watch from the cabinet and shoved it around my wrist while I opened the door. "Sorry, I forgot to cancel.. She's still asleep, had a rough night" I explained as my eyes were so focussed on my watch, I didn't even bother to look who was standing in front of me.

"Had a rough night eh?" Someone smirked. I reconized that voice, I know that voice all too well.

"H- Hardy?" I asked with a little hint of disbelief in my voice when I saw the man standing in front of me. His short brown hair still the same, along with the childish twinkle in his eyes.

"Dude! You're still alive!" Hardy exclaimed and pulled me in a bro hug.

"What the.." I mumbled in myself before I pulled back from the hug. "What are you doing here?" I laughed before I let him in my tiny appartment.

"Well I'm sorry, I can go if you don't want me here!" Hardy smirked as his eyes roamed around in my appartment, adjusting every piece that was standing in the room. "Dude, you really have to change you interior"

"Noo! Don't go! I'm glad you're here! I'm just confused, ever since high school you have another girl's place to spent the night!" I laughed as Hardy dropped himself on the couch.

"Well, it was time for my friends today, come on and give me some beer" Hardy said. I grabbed the beer from the fridge and dropped myself next to Hardy on the couch. "To us!" He toasted and took a sip from his liquid.

"To us" I smiled

"But, Ezra Fitz, how are the ladies? Had a rough night eh?" Hardy smirked and wiggled his eyebrows

"Oh Hardy, it's not what you think" I chuckled and shook my head before I took another sip from my beer.

"Why is she still asleep then, in your bed"

"It's compicated" I sighed. Suddenly I heard a soft voice coming from my bedroom, calling my name.

"Ezra?" She wishpered

"She's craving for you dude!" Hardy laughed as I stood up and walked towards her. "Ezra is getting some!" Hardy yelled

"Shut up!" I hissed before I entered my bedroom and closed the door behind me so Hardy couldn't see Aria and me talking. "Hey, hey what's wrong?" I asked and knelt down next to her.

"Who's that?" She asked with a groggily voice and took a sip from her water.

"It's a friend of mine, just ignore him" I chuckled. "Here is your medicine, go back to sleep beauty" I said as I handed her the pills and made sure she swallowed them. I stayed in her room for a few more minutes untill I was sure she was asleep and walked back to Hardy.

"That's quick" he smirked as he was inspecting my book collection.

"Hardy, we didn't.."

"Why didn't you leave the door open then, I've seen Jackie like that before" he blurted out and suddenly had a shocked impression on his face.

"What?! Did you? You and Jackie?"

"I'm sorry dude, it just kinda happened" Hardy said and threw his hands up in defence.

"That bitch" I exclaimed and playfully slapped Hardy's shoulder. "You're a manwhore, a fuckboy, I think that's how they call it nowadays" I laughed

"Soooo, you don't mind?"

"Hardy, me and Jackie aren't like, a thing anymore" I explained as I furrowed my brows and scratched the back of my neck.

"Wait... What?!" Hardy yelled "Ezra! Who the fuck is sleeping in your bed?! Introduce me!" He yelled and jumped up and down like a little boy

"Hardy no! Like I said, it's complicated" I said and sat down on the couch again."

"At least give me some details!" Hardy said and sat down next to me, digging for every single detail about Aria.

"Well, she's beautiful-" I started but got cut off by Hardy.

"No shit Sherlock, all women are beautiful"

"No, she is special, she's unlike every other girl" I smiled

"Damn Romeo, just tell me her name, age, where did you meet her?"

"I met her at school, actually" I mumbled

"You're dating a colleague? That's boringgggg! Where's the old Ezra?!" Hardy said, a bit dissapointed.

"Actually, not really"

"What do you mean? Who else could it be?" Hardy asked, untill suddenly the realization came through. "No, Ezra god no, please tell me she isn't your student"  he said as he shook his head.

"Well sorry, it 'kinda happened!'" I said and this time it was me who threw hands up in the air.

"Ezra! You've got one of your students in your bed right now?! For fuck sake, that's so, so wrong!" Hardy yelled in frustration

"I know okay! I know!" I yelled back "it's complicated!"

"Complicated it is! I'm gonna safe that poor girl now, I'm gonna get her out of here!" Hardy yelled as he walked to the bedroom.

"Fuck Hardy no! Don't enter"

"Why not?" Hardy frowned

"Because the last time someone barged in her room she cut her wrist with my pocket knife" I explained and burried my head in my hands.

"What? She did what?" Hardy asked as he sat down next to me.

"She cut her wrist" I mumbled

"My god Ezra, are you okay?"

"If I'm okay? If I'm okay?! You want the truth?" I asked and looked up at Hardy.

"Just spill it bro"

"No, no I'm not okay. I'm far from okay. I can't do this anymore. I can't handle it! I see the girl suffering every day and I want to do anything to help, but I just can't, or she starts shutting me out" I explained as I had to struggle to stop my tears from falling. "God I wish I was okay, I wish she was okay" I said ans completely broke down in tears

"Ezra, it's okay" Hardy said

"No, it's not okay"

"It's okay to cry Ezra, everyone does it sometimes" Hardy explained and patted my back. "But I don't want to sound selfish or something, but isn't it better to let her go? To choose for yourself? I have never seen you like this in your whole life Ezra, why not let her go?"

"You haven't seen me like this before because there is one big difference now from all those times before" I sobbed

"And that is?"

"I fucking love her"

A/N

SORRY THIS TOOK A WHILE BUT SCHOOL IS STRESSING ME OUT

NEXT CHAPTER MAY OR MAY NOT BE IN ARIA'S POV 😏

WHO'S EXCITED?