Chapter 40

A/N

How is this already chapter 40 I feel like I started this story yesterday

"Fuck" I murmered as I felt the first amound of tears forming in my eyes. "Fuck" I wishpered again. I wasn't able to form the words I wanted to speak. I wasn't able to pronounce what my body was screaming right now, because I didn't even understand it myself.

"Ezra? Are you okay?" Natalia asked as she put her hand on my back and guided me towards a chair. "Ezra!" She yelled again as soon as she noticed I wasn't gonna reply.

"Fuck" I said, more desperate this time. I rushed my hand through my hair as I dropped myself on the chair. Ironically enough, "fuck" seemed like the only word that was coming out of my mouth right now.

"Is he in shock?" Natalia asked but Brown shook his head. "Don't think so, just give him some time.." He said and handed me a new cup of water. Suddenly another brown haired women bursted through the door.

"Brown, I need you" she panted, trying to catch her breath after what seemed like a long run.

"What room?" He said as he grabbed his clipboard and pulled on his white coat

"Room 183B, Montgomery" The women spoke and suddenly all my senses sharpened.

"What about her?" I spoke as I jumped up from the chair and threw my now empty cup in the trash can.

"I- I don't know" the women said as she shook her head, but every person could tell she was lying.

"Let me see her" I said calmly as I tried to make my way to the door, but Natalia stopped me.

"You can't"

"I'm only asking for five more minutes, I need to know she's okay" I said, getting a little bit frustrated

"Ezra, you can't. It's dangerous" Natalia stated

"Just let me see the damn girl! I'm the one who brought her here after all!" I yelled and let a frustrated sigh.

"Ezra, you-" Natalia started but Brown cut her off.

"Let him see her, we don't have time to waste now" Brown said as he gestured me to come with him. A sly smile crept on my face, but soon vanished when I thought about the state the girl could possibly be in. Brown and I walked through the deserted hallways of Radley Sanitarium. A chilly atmosphere surrounded me as I heard several screams and cries coming from random doors. Soon Brown walked to another corridor, and by then the only sound that was heard were the footsteps I and the tall, blonde haired therapist were making.

"You go first" Brown spoke as we reached room 183B. I nodded and slowly opened the big, heavy door while preparing myself for the worst. The fact that I had already seen her with cut open wrists twice, didn't mean I was less scared. I entered the room. It was dark ar first but as soon as my eyes adjusted to the cold, musty place I saw Aria laying on the small bed.

"Aria" I gasped and walked towards her but she didn't react. I instantly grabbed her hand and saw it was -besides the scars and wounds she had made before- perfectly clean. "You're okay" I wishpered to mysef and was about to press a kiss on her forehead when I noticed what the women meant when she said Aria was needing help. Although she was asleep, small convulsions appeared in her left eye every once in a while. Sweat was dripping down her forehead and she was drooling out of her mouth. "Aria? Aria wake up!" I said and lightly shook her shoulder. Aria stirred for a while, and just when I thought she was about to wake up a soft snore escaped her lip.
"Aria, Aria wake up" I wishpered again, ans shook her shoulder harder this time. Suddenly her red, bloodshot eyes opened and Aria grasped my tshirt with all the power she had in her tiny body.

"Ezra" she exclaimed in fear. Her tiny arms wrapped around my body and she burried her head in my neck as soon as she saw it was me. "Ezra you're back" she stated and looked up at me. "Please don't leave me"

"You're gonna be alright" I said and gave her a fake smile which reassured the girl. It was killing me to see her like this. It felt like a knife was piercing through my heart and everyday someone would push it just a little further.

"Ezra, where am I?" Aria asked in fear as she crawled on top of my lap.

"In a safe place, my love" I said and pressed a kiss on top of her head.

"I want to go home" she said and a soft sob escaped her lip. "I want to be safe from Noel"

"You will Aria, but only if you trust me and the rest. We're gonna help you"

"I don't believe you" Aria wishpered as she shook her head.  A big tear formed in her eye which I wiped away with my thumb.

"You have to, my dear" I said and took her hand in mine. "We are gonna be alright, we're gonna marry and have two beautiful kids" I smiled and wiped her hair out of her face.

"I wish we could" Aria chuckled. I didn't find it cute though, and for the first time in forever I didn't think Aria was beautiful. Love makes blind I guess. The colour had drained from Aria's face and her thin, dull hair fell in front of her lifeless eyes. The curves in her body were gone, all she had left were her ribs which you could count with no trouble. Her hands had gotten white, and the bony fingers were hard, and even a bit frightening to hold.

Aria had become the living death.