Ch.6: Missing Liam

Andy P.O.V

I woke up.
Stretched.
Brushed my teeth.
Pretty much a normal routine.

I walked downstairs and began to prepare breakfast.

As I stirred the batter, Zayn entered. "Your up early." I said shocked. Did I wake him? "I wasn't that tired." He mumbled. I faced him. "When I checked in on you, you were fast a sleep. Something wrong?" I asked, stirring the batter. He shrugged. "I just kinda woke up." He said.

He had huge bags under his eyes. He's exhausted!

"Are you sure it's not Liam related?" I questioned. He looked up, his eyes lit up. "I just woke up early." He said. "Are you positive? You never wake up earlier. Especially at," I looked at my watch, "Six thirty-six in the morning." I said. He shrugged again.

I let it go and went back to baking pancakes.

BUZZ BUZZ

I poured some batter in several pans before answering my phone message.

Y is Zee up so early? - Li x

I looked back at Zayn. He was slowly falling a sleep on his hand. He must've been texting Liam before hand.

Idk. He didn't say. - A

I flipped a few pancakes before Liam sent me another text.

He needs 2get back 2bed. In the top cabinet, there's a bottle full of liquid. It will help him fall back a sleep. - Li x

I replied with an "ok" and put my phone back into my pocket. I reached up in the top cabinet. There was a little purple bottle with the words For Sleep on it. I took it out.

I got a glass of water out, then poured the correct amount of the sleeping med in the glass.

"Here Zayn," I set the cup in front of him, "Liam told me to give this to you." I said. He nodded and drank the water right up, not questioning it.

I went back to flipping pancakes. After each one was done, I sort them equally on 4 plates. I also had a fifth plate out for myself to add a few.

I soon heard light snores, indicating that Zayn had fallen back a sleep.

I turned off the oven and set the pans in the sink. I washed the pans as the pancakes cooled.

"Morning!" Louis came skipping in. "Morning." I chuckled. He sat down beside sleeping Zayn. "What is he doing out of bed so early?" Louis whispered. I shrugged as I pulled out tea bags.

Louis kept poking Zayn's shoulder. "Just let him sleep." I said. Louis stop poking him. "Are you sure he's okay? I mean, he's never up this early." Louis clarified. "He said he just woke up and that was that. Plus, he's a sleep right now." I stated.

Niall came in with a big smile on his face. "I smelt pancakes." He said cheery, taking a seat and pulling a big plate of pancakes toward him. Louis did the same and began to stuff each pancake into his mouth.

I walked over to Zayn and picked him up.

I carried him up the stairs and into his room. I set him down on his bed and wrapped his covers around him. "Get some sleep." I whispered and rubbed his cheek.

I walked out, getting greeted by Harry. "Morning Harry." I said, making my way back downstairs to the kitchen. "G'Morning." He mumbled, following me down into the kitchen.

Louis and Niall were devouring the pancakes I made them. Harry's eyes widened. He jumped into a seat and stuffed his face with food. I chuckled and watched them eat, not exactly having anything better to do.

Maybe I could read up on the museum of London?

I walked out of the kitchen and plopped myself down on the couch. I pulled the site up on to my phone.

BUZZ BUZZ

Of course, I get a message from someone when I'm busy.

How's Zee? - Li

Weren't we just talking about Zayn a few minutes ago? What could he have possibly have done within that time frame?

The same - asleep. - A

Liam sent me a message back, almost immediately after I sent mine.

Plz check on him. If he wakes up, he might feel lonely. - Li x

I got up and walked to Zayn's room. I knocked on the door. Nothing.

I opened it up, revealing Zayn sleeping on his bed peacefully. I don't see why Liam was so worried.

He's still a sleep. - A

I closed the door and leaned against. I know Liam is gonna have me do something for him, so no need to go far.

BUZZ BUZZ

Whatta ya know?

Perfect! Ok, so in my room, in the depths of my closet, there's a box. In that box, is a picture of Zayn & I from r movie premiere. Can u give that 2him plz? - Li x

I stared at my phone screen for a few minutes. "What the hell?" I thought a loud. A picture? Zayn already has a picture of the two of them.

Why? - A

I entered Liam's room. I opened up his closest. Let me tell you, it's a mess.

I squatted down. I opened multiple boxes, until I found one labeled Memories.

I pulled the box out and set it on the bed. I opened it up.

Liam had hundreds of photos of him and Zayn over the past years. "Aww." I picked up a picture of them from 2010, X-Factor.

BUZZ BUZZ

I took my phone out, staring at the screen.

He was Skyping me last nite & he seemed very upset that I wasn't there w/him. The photo tends 2make him feel better. - Li x

I quickly responded.

Kay. Btw, u & Zayn were adorable little fetuses. - A

I teased him.

I went through the photos. I will admit, they make a cute couple. There is jut so much, uh - what do the fan girls call it? Oh, fluff. There is so much fluff in there relationship.

To bad management won't let them act like that all the time.

I finally found a photo with a marking on the back saying This is Us 2013.

I took it out and closed the box. I put the box back in Liam's closest.

Maybe I should spray it with Liam's cologne.

I opened up Liam's dresser and went through his things. I finally found it in a mini black bottle. I sprayed it all over the frame.

I set the bottle back into the drawer and closed it.

I'm not sure why, but its occurred to me that Zayn hasn't been sleeping in my room. I thought his room slept like Louis snot?

I opened Zayn's door. I took a big whiff in. Nope. Smells like... well, Zayn.

I walked over to his bed. Zayn was moving around in his sleep. I sat beside him and rubbed his arm. Zayn stopped stirring and relaxed.

I set the photo beside him. "Liam?" He mumbled in his sleep. I sighed sadly. Poor baby.

Zayn shifted so he was on his back. I stood up from his bed and made my way back downstairs.

I wonder if Liam and Zayn share a bed. I mean, why does Liam have his own room when he can share a room with his boyfriend?

I entered the kitchen.

"DUCK!" Someone shouted.

I immediately squatted down. I heard a smush sound. I looked behind me and saw syrup dripping from the wall.

I stood up and looked around. The kitchen was a mess. Honey, syrup, eggs, whip cream, and other substances I don't know about were all over the kitchen.

"What the hell happened in here?" I asked, my voice low. Louis, Niall, and Harry all faced me. They were covered from head to toe. "Harry started it." Niall and Louis said at the same time, pointing to Harry. Harry crossed his arms. "Did not!" He argued. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

I leave for 20 minutes and they manage to destroy a kitchen. They probably emptied out the fridge to!

I sighed, trying to relax a bit. "Alright, Niall, please explain to me what happened?" I asked calmly.

"Niall and I were eating and Harry-"

"They threatened me and-"

"He threw a knife at us and-"

"Did not!"

"Did to and-"

"SHUT UP!" I snapped, shushing Harry and Louis who were talking over each other. "I asked Niall." I said, looking over at Niall who seemed pressured. I motioned his to come over to me. He nodded and followed me out of the kitchen.

"Clean up this mess. This better be spotless by the time I return or no trips today." I ordered. Harry and Louis nodded and began to scrub the walls.

I closed the door and sat beside Niall on the couch.
Note to self: Gonna have to clean the couch later.
I patted his thigh. "Mind telling me what happened in there?" I asked. He looked at the ground and twiddled with his thumbs. "I'm not gonna get mad at you, I just wanna know what happened." I said softly, rubbing his back. Niall looked up. "Louis and I started talking 'bout the movie yesterday and Harry just lost it. I don't recall saying anything that would offend him at all." Niall explained. I nodded in understanding.

"Did he start throwing food at you two?" I asked. Niall nodded. I pruned his back smoothly. "Thank you." I said, standing up. "You should probably shower, you smell like sugar, but feel like honey." I joked, making Niall laugh.

I walked back into the kitchen. It wasn't spotless like I was hoping for. It was on 45% clean.

Louis and Harry looked up from cleaning. "I knew we should've cleaned faster." Louis mumbled. Harry looked shameful at the ground. "Harry, can we talk?" I asked. He nodded, standing up from the ground. Louis continued to clean the kitchen.

Harry sat down on the couch while I sat down on the coffee table in front of him. I held his hands and looked up at him. "So we're not going to do anything today?" He asked quietly. "We might do one thing, but not the other one I had planned." I said, rubbed his palm. He sighed.

I tilted his face up a little to face me. "Why did you throw food at Niall and Louis?" I asked slowly. Harry gulped and shrugged. "There's always a reason." I said. Harry looked back at the floor. "I-I... I don't know." He shrugged. A tear rolled down his cheek. "You can tell me." I said. He shrugged again. "Please? It's either you tell me or no one gets to go to the special place today." I said. Harry bit his lip and looked up at me. "I-I don't know w-why." He stuttered and began to shiver a bit.

I repositioned myself, so I was sitting beside Harry. I pulled him on top of me. He burst into tears. "Shhh, it's gonna be alright." I whispered. He let out a loud sob. "Shhh," I rubbed his back repeatedly, "it's alright."

Zayn P.O.V

Liam and I trotted down a park trail with our hands linked together as if it were meant to be. The sun was shining and people all around us were having a great time.

We sat down at the top of the small hill in the middle of the park. I cuddled into Liam's chest. He played with my hair.

"I'm sorry." Liam mumbled. I looked up at him. "Why are you sorry? You've done nothing wrong." I asked, looking up at him. His eyes changed from a chocolate brown to a blazing hot red. I jumped off of him and stood. "Liam?" I mumbled.

Bat wings stuck out of his back and devil horns pushed out from the top of his head. Even a red-whip lash tail. A red trident appeared. Liam grabbed it and walked toward me. "W-What are you doing?" I asked. "I'm sorry Zayn," He said, stabbing me through my gut, "we're through." He whispered in my ear. Tears flowed down my face.

I jumped up. "Liam?" I mumbled to myself. I looked around. I'm just in my room. I took a deep breath in, then let a deep breath out.

Liam's cologne.

I looked beside me. The picture from the premiere of our movie was laying beside me. I picked it up. A tear rolled down my cheek. This was the first night that Liam got to take me home since Modest! assigned him a girlfriend.

I wiped the tear away and held the picture close to myself. "I miss you Liam." I mumbled, choking on a sob.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Let me alone!" I cried.

The door opened anyway, revealing Niall. He jogged over to my side and pulled me into a hug. I cried loudly into his chest. He didn't say anything, he just rubbed my back and held me close.

"He'll be back soon, you know." Niall finally spoke up after 10 minute of me crying. I looked up at him. I just nodded. "If you stay here in bed all day and cry about how he's not here, you won't be able to tell him all the fun things you did." Niall explained. I wiped my tears away. "I-I guess your-your right." I sniffled. "You know I'm right." He said smirking. I chuckled.

Niall hopped off my bed. "C'mon, lets get you cleaned up." He said, pulling me out of bed.

I groaned when my feet touched the ground. "Stop your groaning." Niall joked. I dragged me into my bathroom. I sat down on the closed toilet seat. Niall turned on the shower. "I'll bring you in a change of clothes in 3 minutes." He said and walked out, closing the door behind him.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked like a prom date that just got dumped. I laughed. "I'm a freaking mess."