My Baby

Bahja Rodriguez.

"Brooklyn come pick up these toys right now!" I said picking the Lego pieces out my foot. I sighed as she came running into the room.

"Okay mommy I sorrie." she said with her growing Atlanta accent. She threw all her toys in the toy bin and closed It.

"Its okay pookie just pick up you toys when your done with them." I said rubbing my forehead. I got up and my blackberry instantly started ringing. I looked at the caller I.D and groaned.

"What Lewis? First you say you don't want to pay child support, don't wanna see Brooklyn, and to stop calling you but now you want to call me. what do you want?" I said rolling my eyes catching an attitude fast.

"Shut that shit up Bahja! I never said I didn't want to see Brooklyn, I said I didn't want to see YOU. Now hand the phone to my baby." he yelled over the phone. I was getting fed up with his bullshit! 

"Okay fine Lewis. Brooklyn your annoying deadbeat daddy wants to speak to you!" I yelled up the stairs. 

"Don't you dare..." Lewis said but I zoned out after dare because I honestly didn't CARE. I heard Brooklyn's tiny feet thundering down the stairs. I handed the phone to her as soon as she sat down. I went to the fridge and grabbed a Gatorade.

"Hewwo? DADDY?! Hey daddy!" she squealed over the phone. I don't understand why she's so happy when she talks to him,  maybe Its because she doesn't know whats going on right now. Brooklyn and Lewis talked for a few more minutes and then they said their "I Love You's" and hung up. She slowly walked to me and gave me my phone.

"Mommy..why did you call daddy a dweadbeat? and why did he call you a bwitch?" she asked curiously. The Gatorade I was sipping on was now all over the floor.

"WOAH! mommy had an accident!" she said backing up. I grabbed a piece of paper towel and cleaned it up then I pulled her closer to me so close we could feel each other breathe.

"Brook dont EVER repeat what your dad says about me and what I say about him!" I said In a strict tone. 

"I-I sowwy mommy..." her lip quivering while jamming the words out. I pulled her In for a hug and kissed her cheek.

"Mommy loves you boogah. Don't cry." I said looking her In her eyes. It was just me and my baby..I needed her for me to be complete and happy. 

"Okay Babe go color something so I can put it on the refrigerator, it will make mommy happy again." I said pouting. She smiled and ran over to the couch, picking up her crayola crayons and her notepad. I don't care what nobody said my baby was a good drawer, one time she drew a full flower. Best flower ever. I smiled at the thought and 360'd to the kitchen to make dinner. I turned on Brooklyn's favorite song, "Beautiful" By Mariah Carey ft Miguel. Clean version for sure. I opened up my left wooden cabinet and grabbed the box of noodles. Tonight I was gonna make our favorite, baked spaghetti. I finished dinner in forty-five minutes to an hour. I made me and Brooklyn's plate and set It on the table. Brooklyn ran In.

"Is it done? are we gonna eat it? mmmm it smells good!" she says all at once. As she was about to pick the fork up.

"Brooklyn baby wash your hands first and dont forget about your prayers aftwerwards." I said wiping my hands on the rag. Brooklyn sighed and made her way up the stairs, me behind her. She stepped on her spongebob step stool and I turned on the water and we both washed out hands at the same time. Cute. I know. She pounced of the stool and jumped down each step. I walked down behind her. I loved my baby so much! she's so cute! We sat at the table and I began to do our prayers.

"Amen" she said after I was finished 

"DIG IN!" I yelled laughing. She giggled and started eating. 

After dinner It was 8:00pm which meant It was Brook's bed time. I took both plates and put them in the sink. Brooklyn hopped down rubbing her eyes yawning. Just on time. 

"Come on Babe let's go put our pajama's on." I said picking her up even though she was getting too old for that. I gave Brooklyn a bath and helped her brush her teeth. I tucked her in and she instantly fell asleep. I kissed her forehead and turned off her room light but left her nightlight on since she loves the stars that appear on the walls. I silently closed the door and headed to my room. I stripped off my clothes and threw on my pajamas. I silently cried. This is so hard! It might seem like Its easy and Brooklyn and I are perfect but were far from it.. I mean Im only nineteen! I had Brooklyn when I was fifteen because I was being TOO grown and I NEVER want Brooklyn to be like me..I got under the covers but I couldn't sleep. I finally decided to go sleep in the bed with Brooklyn. I opened her door and crept into her room closing the door silently when I got in. Brooklyn's eyes fluttered open.

"Mommy?" she said looking over at me getting on the other side of her bed.

"Sorry for waking you up muffin but I couldn't sleep." I said with an apologetic face. She nodded and turned around facing the other way. I was confused...

"Boo whats wrong?" I said worried. she turned over and looked at me

"Mommy..why doesn't dad live with us?..and why do you guys always say bad stuff about each other? My friends at school mommies and daddies don't say that stuff about each other.." she said looking me In my eyes. My eyes began watering. I was speechless..

"Baby um lets get some sleep I'll tell you In the morning." I said lieng.

"Okie mommy..I love you G'night" she said closing her eyes dozing off. I turned the other way and started to cry but nothing came out my mouth. My baby, My baby, My baby.

10:00am Sunday Morning. Bahja Rodriguez.

I yawned and sat up and looked at the clock, OH MY GOSH! Were going to be late for church. I swung the cover off of me and Brooklyn which was caused her to shoot up in panic. "'Come on pookie! we gotta get ready for church or we'll be late!" I said picking her up and sitting her down on the floor. I washed her up and then showered myself. I put out her pink dress with pink hearts and white flowers, her white church shoes, and her flower headband. Typical kid church wear. I put on a sundress and did her curly hair. Lewis was mexican and white so her hair was the silky type and I envied that. her hair was now straight and mine still curly from the shower. I just decided to wear It curly since we didnt have time. We both brushed our teeth and ran downstairs. I grabbed my keys and purse and we ran out the door to my silver Jeep.

New story and isnt it kind of realistic? sorry If its short...its just that this is a new chapter so its kind've of just the beginning. See I told yall i was bring it back out better and improved. Love yall. Spread the peace and love babys. Enjoy..;]