Mother Behavior.

Bahja Rodriguez.

I swerved into the parking lot causing everybody walking into the church to stop and stare. I know my mom taught me better but right now I need to talk with God. Well not talk but..you know nevermind. I pulled on the seat belt but it wouldnt budge.

"Mommy I think your supposed to press down the red thing first..." she said looking at me all weird. 

"Oh yeah heh." I said embarassed infront of my own daughter. I pushed down the red thing and hopped out the car to open the door for Brooklyn, who was already unbuckled. I helped her down and we rushed into the church. I opened the doors and everybody was staring at me crazy. MAN I KNOW I WASNT THAT LATE! I mentally rolled my eyes and rushed to a seat in the back. The praise dance team came out and danced. Wow I really was late.

"Mommy can I be in the praise dance team?" she said looking up at me with the big light brown eyes. I mentally banged my head into a wall.

"Sure sweetie but you have to learn dance steps, come early every sunday, and-"

"Neber mind." she said quickly. I shook my head smiling and leaned back. The pastor came out frowning. Whats going on.

"Okay everyone I have bad news for you...Im retiring and my son Craig here will be taking over. I'll still get my Jesus on but not up here..just down there.." pastor Charles said sighing. Craig walked up to the podium and smiled at everybody. He looked around my age..

"Hows everybody doing today?" he said still smiling. Everybody said good but quietly.

"I'm Craig Crippen Jr and I'll be taking over for my dad. I promise y'all nothing is going to change! same church, same praisin', and same love for Jesus!" he said like he was Martin Luther King. The church roared with "alright now!" s and "PREACH!"s. I clapped along with them. After that he went back to preachin' and he was GOOOOD and not to be rude to Pastor Charles but he was BETTER. Everybody was roaring with excitement the whole time. Church ended in 2-3 hours. Black people church always hecka long but its worth It to praise jesus. I grabbed Brooklyn's hand and we made our way out the door, but not before Pastor Craig stopped us.

"Uhh Hi" he said rubbing the back of his neck. I raised my eyebrow.

"Hello?..." I said well questioned kind of.

"I just wanted to know If I could get to know you over lunch tomorrow because I really dont know anybody here..Im from Philly.." he said still rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure um how old are you though?" I asked. Its always good to asks questions because they could be duping you. 

"Twenty years old ma'am" he said proudly. I laguhed and wrote my number on a piece of paper. I gave it to him.

"Well take care! See you tomorrow. at lunch. 11:00. Burger King." he said as I was walking way. I stopped. Did he just say BURGER KING?

"BURGER KING?" I questioned.

"Im joking! Im joking! Red lobsters." he said grinning. I smiled and shook my head at him. I continued to walk to my car and unlocked It. I opened Brooklyn's door and helped her In and then got into my car. I was taking Brooklyn to see her dad today since I wanted to spend sometime with Zonnique and Breaunna, my two bestfriends. I stopped at his house, got out, and rang his doorbell. His new girlfriend answered the door and gave me a stank face.

"Watchu want?" she said smacking on her gum and then looking down at Brooklyn. 

"Oh. LEWIS YOUR BM HERE!" She said going inside. I gave her a stank face then came In. Lewis came downstairs irritated. He looked at Brooklyn and his mood changed.