Chapter 32

Hi, guys.

This chapter is dedicated to SarahHorn because she entered the Wattpad contest and made this amazing pic with Adrian’s name. Thank you so much!

Well, people, I tried my best to edit this chapter and find the mistakes and everything, but my eyes are closing and I can’t stop yawning. I don’t think I did a good job, but I’m so tired… And it’s only Monday! I don’t know how I’ll survive the rest of the week…

Chapter 32

Adrian

I was drinking a glass of water in the kitchen debating with myself if I should call Vicky or just show up at her door, when Leah came in. She looked sad and instantly I knew there was something wrong.

“What happened?” I questioned.

“Nothing,” she lied. I knew her too well to believe her.

I shook my head. “Where were you?” I demanded, trying to figure out what was bothering her.

“At Vicky’s,” she said quietly.

My heart sank. There was only one thing that could upset her and Vicky too. “She got the scholarship, didn’t she?”

Leah nodded slightly, refusing to look into my eyes. “I’m sorry Adrian, she should be the one to tell you.”

“It’s okay, Leah, don’t worry about it,” I said, but my mind was somewhere else. Even though Vicky’s just got a scholarship to an amazing universality, I knew she must be wondering what’s going to happen with us. We never talked about it before, we were waiting for the official letter. “How is she?” I finally asked.

“I don’t know, she left and didn’t say where she was going,” Leah explained.

She left? She’s probably thinking about it, but there was nothing I could do for now. Our conversation would have to wait, I just hoped she would be okay.

Part of me was really happy for her. The University Of Chicago was a great opportunity and I was so proud of her, but it definitely made things complicated for us.

I’ve been thinking about what I would do if she had to move away, and between all the possibilities, stay away from her wasn’t an option.

The only problem was that my dad was really happy about having me working with him. I know he and Daniel would be able to relax a bit if I was helping them. Of course, I wouldn’t take their places, but it’s so hard to find someone you can trust and I was well trained so I knew I could do a good job there.

But I just couldn’t be apart from Vicky during all those years. Chicago is just too far, I can’t just drive there whenever I need to see her, but it didn’t make it less painful what I had to do. I would disappoint my dad and maybe even Leah, who was watching me while I was thinking.

“You’re going with her, aren’t you?” Leah asked sadly.

“Please Leah, don’t be mad at me. I’ll talk to dad, I’ll make him understand why I can’t stay,” I pleaded. It was hard enough to disappoint dad and I just couldn’t stand the fact that I would hurt her as well.

“Don’t worry Adrian, I understand you, I really do, and dad will too. And just so you know, I would do the same if I were you,” she said, resting her hand over mine.

I closed my eyes and sighed in relief. “Thanks Leah, it means a lot to me,” I confessed. “I have to talk to dad.”

“Good luck,” she whispered squeezing my hand a little.