Chapter 3

Hey guys,

Thank you for taking time to read this story!

Please, vote if you like it and let me know what you think! :)

Picture of Leah!

Chapter 3:

Vicky

“Ouch… That hurt… I just wanted to say I’m sorry for yesterday. I was kind of an ass. I kept making those jokes that made you more upset than you already were. I’m really sorry.” Adrian said and smiled at me.

See, that’s the problem with Adrian. When you think he’s a complete jerk and you’re starting to hate him, he totally surprises you doing something incredibly sweet. It’s really annoying. It would be much easier if I could just be mad at him all the time...

I wouldn’t tell him that I wasn’t upset with him, that I was upset about something a little more serious than a silly joke, but it’s funny how Adrian actually thinks he’s the one responsible for my bad mood.

I smiled at him and said, said, “Adrian, really, don’t worry about it. But thanks for the concern.”

I really didn’t want Adrian to ask me what was wrong, so I grabbed a soda and went back to the living room. Leah was sitting beside Max, so I just sat beside Roxie on the other couch. I watched the hole movie with the guys, but went back home when it was finished, as I didn’t feel like hanging out with anyone. I just wanted to be alone for a while.

The next day I woke up with the alarm clock. When I was getting dressed to school I realized that Oliver and I haven’t spoken since that day. What if he’s upset with me? Will he even speak to me?

I’m not gonna worry about that now. I’m gonna go to school and just try to live through the day, I told myself over and over again.

When I got outside Leah was already waiting by the car. As soon as we got inside Leah asked me “Are you nervous?”

“What you mean?”

“You know what I’m talking about.” Leah knows me too well. She knows exactly when I’m lying.

“I don’t want to think about that right now. I’m just waiting to see what happens.” I was actually shitting myself, but what would I do? The only thing I could do now was wait. I just hoped that Oliver at least talked to me so we could work things out.

When we got there, Max and Roxie were already waiting. We talked for a little while and then Leah and Max headed to the class they had together, Roxie went to the bathroom and I went to my own classroom.

I spent the whole day nervous biting my nails. As the lunch hour got closer, my hands started sweating and my heart was beating fast. And then I heard it. The bell announcing that it was lunch hour.

We went to the cafeteria but I was too eager to eat anything. I was looking around but there was no sign of Oliver. When I was about to lose hope, he showed up. He slowly walked to me and stopped by my side, leaning down to talk in my ear “Hey… can we talk for a minute? Alone.”

Crap… he was too serious. He’s usually smiling. I didn’t even know he had a serious face. “Yeah. Sure.” I got up and we walked to the hallway.

“Can we go somewhere private after school? You know… So we can talk?”

Why couldn’t we talk now? There was no one around! “I guess. How about the park?”