Chapter 13

Hi guys,

Finally another upload, but unfortunately I couldn’t find anyone to edit this chapter, so I apologize in advance for the mistakes and weird things you will find. I hope the errors don’t bother you too much. I’m really sorry about that. :(

Oh, and please, please read the note at the end.

Pic of Adrian. Yummy! ;)

Enjoy!

Chapter 13

Vicky

It was Thursday and I was at home alone, since my mom was working again. At least she’s spending the whole weekend at home. Leah’s still away, so I’m kinda bored. And Adrian, well, as much as I liked the idea, I wouldn’t ask him to ‘save’ me again.

I was lying on the couch thinking about yesterday, when Adrian and I talked. I wonder why he keeps himself closed to relationships. He’s an amazing guy and I know he can make any girl fall for him, and not only because of the way he looks. Maybe he just doesn’t want to have a girlfriend, maybe it’s like he said, he just hadn’t found anyone he liked enough, but he never will if he just keeps pushing every girl he meets away.

Well, it’s not my business anyway. Besides, if he had a girlfriend she probably wouldn’t like the way he held me yesterday. I definitely liked that and don’t want to change the way he’s been treating me lately.

I’ve already done my homework, so I tried to watch TV. I was looking for something good when I saw the weather channel and froze. There was going to be a storm tonight.

I ran to the window and could already feel a few raindrops falling from the sky on my hand. Soon it’s gonna be a pouring rain, the wind will be doing all those scary noises and I’m all alone! I know I’m such a baby for fearing the rain, but I can’t help it. When I was little my mom would always take me to her bed and I kept doing that every time there was a storm. Now I just can’t sleep alone anymore.

Crap. I don’t even have Leah tonight. Adrian would probably be home, but what would I say ‘Hey, Adrian, you know I’m scared of storms and thunder and can I please sleep on your bed?’ Ha. Not going to happen. I know that technically I’ve already slept beside him but we were sitting on the couch and it wasn’t anything planned. Besides, he would probably make a joke of how childish my fear is.

At this point I could hear the wind whistling. Breath, Vicky, Breath, I told myself.

I was steeping back into the living room with sheets, pillow and blankets (there was no way I was sleeping upstairs alone) when the bell rang. I dropped everything on the couch and went answerer it. I opened the door and it was Adrian, who was closing an umbrella. He lifted his head and smiled at me, but before he could say anything I jumped in his arms and held him with all my strength. I was so happy to see him!

“Why took you so long?” I spoke in his ear as if I knew he was coming, which I didn’t.

He hugged me back as much as he could, considering that he had a bag in his hands. “I’m sorry, V. I came as fast as I could”, he said and I reluctantly stepped away from him.

“C’mon” I grabbed his hand and lead him to the couch after closing the door.

“I hope you’re hungry. I brought something for us to eat,” he said pointing to the paper bags that now were on the coffee table. I smiled. “It’s just peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches. If I tried to make something else it would take longer,” he continued apologetically. He looked adorable.