Chapter 4

Chapter 4 

Adrian

It was the last class of the day; only more 10 minutes untill it ends. My head was exploding, and I could only count down the minutes. I wasn’t even paying attention to what the professor was saying. All I wanted was to be released so I could finally enjoy the weekend.

After what seemed like a hundred years, the class was over. When I left the room I met Luke and the guys in the hallway.

“So what are you guys up for tonight?” I asked.

“Jack’s gonna throw a party this weekend and, as usual, there’s gonna be plenty of hot girls!” answered Carl. Carl was a green eyed blond, but a little on the short side.

“What can I say? The ladies simply love to be around me!” Jack bragged himself. And I couldn’t really blame him. He’s as tall as Luke, has brown hair and brown eyes and being the actual quarterback of the college football team, the girls were always nearby.

“Cool.” Party and girls… what a wonderful combination!

“So, you are going?” Luke asked me.

“Hell, yeah!” I was glad to hear that tonight I wasn’t going to be home. Nothing was more depressing then staying at home on a Friday night.

When I got home, I put my stuff on the kitchen counter and went to the fridge to get a soda. There was a note at the door for me:

“Adrian: mom, dad and I went to the movies. We are bringing home some Chinese, so keep your mouth closed until then. We would wait for you, but we don’t really like you that much =p. XxxX Leah.”

That’s very mature Leah, I thought. I went to the living room to watch some TV. I was still looking for something interesting when the door bell rang. I got up to answer it. It was Vicky and she seemed really upset. Even more than yesterday.

Before I could even say a word she entered and begged “no jokes today Adrian, please. I just need to talk to Leah.”

She seemed to be holding back tears, what made me really worried.

“Come here and sit on the couch. I’m gonna get you some water.” I grabbed her hand and led her to the living room. I quickly got a glass of water from the fridge and handled it to her before sitting beside her.

“Tell me what happened.”

“Where’s Leah?”

“She went to the movies with our parents and won’t be home anytime soon. Now tell me, what happened?”

She shook her head. “No offense Adrian, but this isn’t something I would like to share with you,” she answered avoiding my eyes.

“Look Vicky I just want to help you. You know you can trust me. Please just tell me what’s going on.” I didn’t know why, but I felt like I needed to do something, to make her pain go away. The thought of her suffering made wanna hit a wall.

She looked into my eyes as if trying to figure out what to do. After a long moment she sighed. “Ok, Adrian I’m gonna tell you. It’s not like I have a choice anyway, since Leah isn’t around and I need to talk to someone, but if you make fun of me, I swear I’ll never talk to you again,” she threatened.

“Vicky I mean it when I say you can trust me. I promise.”

“I can’t believe I’m gonna do this…” she sighed defeated. “You remember Oliver, right?” I nodded, encouraging her to continue. “We were making out on the couch while watching a movie.” She didn’t look at me, but I could tell she was blushing. After a pause, she continued “and he tried, you know… to get things a little too far.”