Chapter 16

Hi, people!

This chapter was edited by bullsfan0406. Thank you so much!

Oh, and I’m adding pictures of the characters. This one is Luke.

I really hope you all like this one! =)

Chapter 16

Adrian

I stood there in the hallway watching Vicky cry through the half open door. My heart was completely broken. The pain I was feeling for hurting her was unbearable.

I could hear ‘Linger’ playing and man, that song made everything worse. Not only because it reminds me of her, but also because of the lyrics.

Did she really think it was all a game? Why did I have to be so stupid and go looking for some girl who wasn’t her? I can’t believe how blind I was.

Everything makes sense now. She saw me with… whatever her name was. That’s why she was so upset, because she likes me. That thought warmed my heart, but seeing her like that, and knowing it was entirely my fault, made my chest hurt too much. All I wanted to do was hold her close and say that everything was going to be alright and that I would never hurt her again.

But I couldn’t do that. She didn’t want to be anywhere near me. I could see it in her eyes when she asked me to leave her alone. If only I hadn’t run away after our kiss, we could be together right now.

Will we ever be together? I hope she can forgive me one day. I know I can’t try to talk to her right now; it’s only going to make things worse, so I’ll give her some time and space to think. Eventually she won’t be that mad at me anymore and then I’ll explain how I feel.

I can’t believe I pushed away the only girl I have ever liked. I’m so stupid.

I sighed. It came out a little too loudly, so I ran back to my room before Vicky could see me. I took a shower to help clear my mind, but it didn’t help at all. I still couldn’t stop thinking about her crying and how I screwed things up.

I didn’t get much sleep that night and didn’t leave my room all day Sunday. At night Leah brought me some food.

“Thank you sis, but I’m not hungry,” I told her honestly.

“What’s going on, Adrian?” she asked setting the food down and sitting beside me.

“Nothing,” I lied.

“Fine, don’t tell me, but at least eat something,” she said a little annoyed.

I laughed a little and sat up. “Ok, little sis.” I felt bad for not telling her what had happened, but I couldn’t say anything.

She hugged me then. “I’ve never seen you like this, bro. I’m worried.”

That’s why I love my little sister so much. “There’s no need to worry, Leah. I’m fine,” I replied hugging her back.

She waited while I ate the sandwich, but we didn’t talk much. I couldn’t say anything, because she’s too smart and she could figure out at any moment what’s going on. She’ll hate me if she finds out what I did. And she’ll be mad at Vicky for not telling her. I sighed.

During that whole week I had the same routine. I would wake up, take a shower, eat whatever Leah made for breakfast, even though I was never hungry, and go to college.

I couldn’t pay attention to the classes and they took forever to end. It was the same when I was at the office. Wednesday Daniel gave up on trying to get my attention and told me to take the rest of the week off. Now I just had more time to stay at home doing nothing.