Chappie 38

-Lexi's POV-

"Lexi! You can't drive! You don't have your licence"  She slurred slightly.

"You drive"  I said. I know, she was tipsy, but I would crash the car if I drove and.. there was no other way. I needed to get away from this. I couldn't handle it. I couldn't think of anything else except Harry. He cheated on me. It all made sense now.

"But-" 

"You're driving" I said.

I heard shouting behind us and footsteps coming closer.

"LEXI! WAIT! LEXI!" His voice yelled out clearly over the shouts and camera flashes from the paparazzi.

I grabbed Maslinkas hand and pulled her along as we broke out into a fast jog. 

"Lexi.." I heard him shout one last time, his voice breaking slightly and he stopped running.

However, we kept going, running along the rows of parked cars and over to Maslinkas. (She had taken her car with a few of the others.) 

Tears blurred my vision as we came up to the car, cameras still following us.

I wiped my eyes furiously as I slammed the door shut and put on my seat belt. Maslinka followed close after me and put the car into gear. She backed out slowly and we left the resort. I left it all behind. I left him behind.

"Lexi.. I'm so sorry about all of this.. I'm sure it was just the paparazzi making up stuff" Maslinka told me even though her voice was unsure. We were now out on the open road, only a few cars around.

"No, no.. it all makes sense.. he lied to my face every time.. I can't believe I couldn't see through it! Jaymee is a hot blonde with big tits and she's just what every guy wants.. why am I so stupid?" I finally cracked and sobbed loudly into my hands. Maslinka reached over and rubbed my back for a few seconds before returning it so she could drive.

My body was shaking violently and the tears kept coming. My eyes were already sore and I gave up on trying to wipe the tears away and they ran freely down my cheeks. 

I can't believe it. From the moment they met they had started flirting with each other. Had they been in contact before we came to New York? No, they couldn't have been. They had laughed and joked at the dinner we had had on one of the first nights. But wait. Didn't she have a boyfriend? I remember Sydney faintly mentioning it to me. That was either a lie, they broke up, or she had cheated on him with Harry. 

I still couldn't believe this was happening. Harry, my best friend and boyfriend, had gone behind my back with another girl. And also, it just happened to be my step-sister. I wonder what they have done. How long has this been happening? I couldn't even bring myself to think about it. I didn't want it to be real. Maybe this is just a dream. I pinched myself and let out a little yelp - it was more like a strangled sob - and Maslinka looked over at me sympathetically. No, this was not a dream. It was reality. 

My chest started hurting. No, not physically, but my heart. This must be what it's like to be heart broken. It was like a fire had started and I couldn't put it out. It was burning and the pain was horrible. It was a different kind of pain though, it was worse than I had ever experienced. 

I choked back more sobs but there weren't as many tears anymore. Then I became angry.

Why was I shedding tears for him? He ruined everything. Why waste your tears on him? 

Because I love him.

But he doesn't love you.

Then I was sad again. More tears appeared from no where. I cried and it felt like each second the pain just got worse.