21 - Royal Flush

I swing the doors of the library wide open and take a few step forward, stopping for a moment. As the doors behind me close, the noise on the other side of the door were becoming inaudible. I was greeted first with the sun glaring through the geodesic dome, shining through the rhombus shaped glass panes. Its flare passes through the transparent glass panes that gives the necessary amount of natural lighting throughout the library. 

My friends always had a study group schedule every Thursday. Apart from the other smart students staying here after classes, no one else was here. After failing our physics and calculus tests last year, Twilight got mad at us and made a strict schedule that every Thursday we must show up or she isn't going to be there every time we were going to fight somebody. Of course, we all agreed to have the group study because Twilight is the most powerful next to Sunset, so we can't really defeat someone with Sunset or Twilight alone. 

I walk towards the isle full of science-related books, standing in front of the Physics-only shelf and eyeing each book slowly. My eyes finally caught the book I was looking for, after taking a hold of it, I turn my heels to find friends. We would usually sit in a dark corner of the library, because we could get loud especially with Pinkie Pie around. I don't know why they still decided to go to the dark corner of the library when the library is literally empty.

"Where the hell are they?" I groaned, taking my phone out as I was going to call Twilight. Before I could press the call button, a text messaged from an unknown number appears on my screen. 'We're here on the other...' I narrow my eyes and press the message open. 

(212) 117-1920: We're here on the other dark corner of the library hurry up ugh

Rainbow: Who the hell are you

(212) 117-1920: You mean you didn't save my number? fuck you rainbow dash

Rainbow: Is this Sunset? you sound like sunset

(212) 117-1920: Whatever asshole

I chuckle and put my phone back in the pocket of my hoodie. I notice a dimly lit corner on the opposite side of where we used to sit. I walk towards that corner, peeking a bit before I could recognize that it was my friends, all of them with their bored faces. On the table, unopened books and they were all just using their phones. I pull the empty seat between Rarity and Fluttershy, in front of Twilight.

I sense a strange atmosphere from my friends, the aura was so obvious with this small corner of the library. They both all had bored faces but anyone could sense something else was up.

"I know I'm late but why aren't you all studying?" I ask as I place the  book down on the table.

Twilight and Pinkie Pie look at each other then both looked at me with a puzzled expression. "She doesn't know yet." Pinkie whispers, loudly, to Twilight and a malicious smile stretches on her lips. 

"Don't know what?"

"Why did you think we were going to study? it's not Thursday, Rainbow." Fluttershy interjects.

"It's not?" I quickly take my phone out my pocket and saw that it was actually Friday, "Oh-" I purse my lips for a second, "Alright, I'm going home, everybody, see y'all tomorrow!"

I stand up from my seat, laying a hand on the chair to push it, Rarity then grasps on my wrist with her freshly manicured sharp nails digging into my skin, "Ouch- Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you guys today!?" I hiss as I waggle her hand off my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" Rarity says, pulling me back down to my chair.

"Uhm, leaving because it's not a Thursday?"