19 - The Truth

After eating, Soarin went back to his laptop and I also took my laptop out of my room and sat on the kitchen bar. Yes, we have a kitchen bar with alcohol and wine beside it. Mom kinda invites her high school friends sometimes and talk about how they miss hanging out with each other and also talk about stuff they used to do in high school. Even though I'm not legally allowed to drink, I sometimes sneak in the middle of the night to pour myself a glass of soju. I'm obsessed with soju because it's tastes really fucking delicious and I like being drunk. My friends don't drink soju, actually they rarely drink at all. Rarity likes wine, which I don't like because it has a repulsive taste and smell. Fluttershy, Twilight, Sunset, Pinkie, they don't drink. Applejack does, she likes vodka.

I stare at the liquor shelf in front of me and looked at Soarin. I smile crept up to my face, "Hey Soarin, do you like drinking?" He looks up at me with a puzzles look, after a second he looks back at his laptop, "No."

"Well, why not?" I asked.

"because you're going to get me to drink, which I will politely disagree to." He replies with a smile.

"So if I drink you wouldn't mind, right?"

"I do mind."

"Bitch- I need a drink."

"I said no."

"You're not my mom."

"I will be today."

"I'm getting a drink." I got off the bar stool and he immediately runs up to me and blocks my way. Fuck, he's fast.

"We're making a chemistry experiment so you will not drink because you are not going to be drunk in the video." He says sternly. I hate when he's so serious, I feel like a child here.

"Fine." I pout my lips and cross my arms, "Then let's fucking start with the video already."

"Glad you finally brought that up, I was waiting the entire afternoon for you to suggest that we start doing it already." He sneered. "My idea is to use gasoline and lighter, and then ignite it."

"You're going to play with fire? Are you planning to burn up my house?"

"Stop being paranoid about it, the fire is going to be inside a jar anyway."

"Wouldn't that explode?"

"No."

*****

Soarin went back home to get his camera and tripod, while I'm stuck in kitchen finding some fucking gasoline. I got the jar with a lid and some lighter on the counter already, now I just need to find some gasoline. I don't think I bought gasoline because I haven't refilled it the last time I used it. Soarin is also getting a drill at his house, or at least he said he was. I mean, he moved here all the way from New York, why would he bring his dad's drill or something? I don't question men but sometimes I just don't understand them.

I was spacing out and focusing where I can find some motor fuel, then suddenly, my phone that was laying on the counter top suddenly rings. I flinched and jerked my head up, hitting the cabinet frame and followed by a throbbing pain on the back of my head. "Fuck." I cursed under my breath, carefully pulling myself out of the cabinet I stayed for 20 minutes, while my hand was putting pressure on my head. I pushed myself up and rest my elbow on the counter top and grabbed the phone with the other hand. "Hello?" I answered, sounding like a whale crying.

"Dash?" It was Soarin, of course.

"Yeah it's me"

"Why do you sound like you slipped and fell from the stairs?"

"Don't be fucking rude- do I look like the type of person who always injures herself?"

"Yeah"

"Well no shit, I hit my head, anyway, don't ask why but why did you call me?"

"I was going to ask if you have a drill in your house."

"I don't have a drill, but I'm assuming you're going to get one."

"It's 9 P.M. do you seriously think a hardware is still open at this hour?"

"Uhhh, no."

"Then what do we do now?"

"You know what, my head literally hurts right now, Soarin, don't make me use it."

"Hmm." he thought for a second, "Do you want to do this next time? I mean the submission is next week."

"I'm fine with that as long as I get to sleep now."

"Well, alright then, goodnight I guess"

A thought suddenly registers, "Wait- can you come here first like wait for five minutes then come here, I need to give you something."

"Why do I have to wait for five minutes-"

"Just wait for five minutes, k bye." I ended the call and run to fridge where I stored the cake Pinkie Pie gave me. I have five minutes to fix this thing. I grabbed a spatula and run it across the cake, removing the "Rainbow" on "Happy Birthday Rainbow" I looked for the royal icing my mom made yesterday when she baked some sugar cookies. I grabbed the container filled with light blue icing then grabbed a piping bag from the top cabinet. I poured the icing inside the piping bag and wrote the letters "Soarin"

I know my handwriting is terrible, but at least I'm making an effort on this. It's not my cake, and I'm giving it to Soarin who's birthday is in a few days. I immediately closed box with the cake inside and the doorbell suddenly rings. "I'm coming!" I shout across the room and walked towards the door carrying the box.

"Hey, woah-" I dropped the cake on his hands, "Goodnight, Soarin!" I pushed the door close and Soarin blocks it with his foot, "Hold up, what's this?"

"Go figure it out yourself"

He opens the box and his eyes widen seeing the cake, "It's not my birthday but-" he closed it and looked at me, "Why?"

I took a deep breath. Okay, I'm telling the truth. "I told Pinkie the other day that it was your birthday on the next few days, but I didn't think she actually listened to me, I know it's not your birthday today, and I know it's weird that I'm tell-" I was cut off by Soarin giving me a hug, "Thank you, anyways."

A blush spreads across my cheeks, "You're welcome...?"

He finally lets go, with a million dollar smile on his face, "Goodnight, Dashie" He closes the door, leaving me flustered. I slapped my face and shake my head. Why does it feel so weird when Soarin hugs me?