Chapter 15

Karmyn's POV

I wake up to see the sun is low in the sky, the birds are chirping and Harry is staring at me weirdly at the end of my bed. Wait what?
"Harry, what the heck?"
"Time to wake up, sleepy head!" He yells.
"I am awake!"
"Okay! Get dressed, get ready! We're about to leave to go somewhere!"
"Okay. Okay. Leave so I can get dressed!" I say as I push him out of my room and lock the door.
I get dressed in some shorts and a blue sidemen t-shirt. Then, I put on my black converse and head to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth. After I brush my teeth, I brush my long hair and then put it in a high ponytail. Okay. Ready.

"Karmyn! You ready?" Harry yells to me.
"Coming!" I say as I make my way downstairs, "Okay. So, where are we going?"
"Well, I'm going to take you to a place with an indoor trampoline. And we're meeting your parents there."
"Okay. Just you?"
"Yeah. They thought it would be best if I took you."
"Why?"
"I don't know. Because everyone else is busy. And they needed to sort some things out."
"Okay. Let's go."

We walk out to the car and then start to drive to the trampoline place. I get a text from my dad: Hey, princess! Happy birthday! I love you!

I quickly text back,

Love you too, kiss mom for me 😘

I then turn off my screen. I look up to the windshield and watch out of it.
"So, have you been to this place before?" I ask Harry.
"Yeah. I actually have. When it first opened. That was about fourteen years ago."
"Is it fun?"
"You'll have a ton of fun!"
"What did you do there?"
"Oh, I just explored the place. I played a lot of games there."
"Sounds fun. I can't wait until we get there! So, how long have you known my mom?"
"Hmm. Fourteen years. I used to have a crush on her."
"You did?! Wow. Imagine if you were my dad instead of Simon."
"Oh. He'd kill me. He would probably still be with Rebekah."
"Who?"
"Oh. His ex. He cheated on- nevermind."
"Uh-uh Harry! Don't pull that 'nevermind' crap on me! Tell me!"
"He cheated on your mom and then they found out they were having you and he broke up with Rebekah and got back with your mom."
"Rebekah? That lady that wants to stalk us?"
"Yeah. Stay away from her. She's crazy."
The rest of the car ride goes silent. I look down at my phone, which had just buzzed. Indicating that my dad texted me back:

Call me.

I hit the call button to call my dad then look up for a second until-

"Hello? Karmyn? Karmyn?! What's that noise? Karmyn?!"

I try my best, with all of my strength to say something back to my dad, but I just can't. I try once again and can only come out with, "I...loveyou...."
I look over to Harry and see him missing. I just see feet that are standing. He made it out. His head looks down to me and my vision becomes blurred. Soon, everything goes black.
"KARMYN?!"