Chapter 9

Karmyn's POV

"OH MY GOSH SHE MET A BOY!" The girls squealed once I told them what had happened.
"What's he like?"
"Is he cute?"
"What's his name?"
"What color eyes does he have?"
"What color hair does he have?"
"Where is he from?"
"Is he here for insomnia?"
They keep asking questions that I barely have time to answer.
"Well, he's nice. Yes, he's definitely cute, maybe too cute. His name is Garrett. Dark, chocolate eyes that sparkle and his hair is milk chocolate parted just right. I don't know where he's from and yes, he's here for insomnia."
"OHMYGOSH GARRETT?! HE SOUNDS SO CUTE!"
"What are you talking about?" My dad buts in.
"KARMYN LIKES A BOY!" Kay squeals.
"Oi. You better watch out now. He's gonna beat someone up if he finds that boy," Ethan says.
"You bet I will. No one hurts my baby girl."
"Daddy stop, he hasn't hurt me and I don't think he will."
"You just met him, Karm. You don't know him yet."
"But she'd like to," Harry cuts in, nudging my dad whilst saying that.
"No, I don't! Not like that!"
"Haha. That's what you want them to think!" He says again.
"Harry, shut up. You're talking to a twelve year old."
"So? when I was twelve, I'd want to fuck anyone I could."
"News flash, Harry. I'm not a perverted prick like you. I don't pull down girl's pants at school."
"It was an accident!"
"Sure it was. That's why you said she was your crush."
"I never-"
"Video."
"How'd you find that? It was like, fourteen years ago."
"I binge watched your videos. I actually watched every single video on everyone's channels. Took me awhile but it happened."
"Damn."
We talk for a little bit more then head downstairs for Insomnia.
-
"Is your crush here?" Isabella asks me.
"Probably. But I have to avoid him."
"Why?"
"Because..."
"Because why? You can tell me."
"H- he's a fan. Of the guys."
"Aw sweetie. I'm sorry."
"Yeah. That's why.."
"You know what. I'll play your mom. You don't have to tell him. Just don't hang out with the guys."
"I told him our room number."
"Karmyn! You didn't."
"Yea- I did. I just- I really like him. I was mesmerized by his eyes."
"Okay just-" she stops talking and looks into the distance, "Is that him?"
I look where she is pointing and see him standing there in line to see someone. The sidemen. I slowly nod my head.
"Go to him! I'll be with the boys!" She says as she pushes me into the crowd. I bump into someone and fall onto the ground, with them landing on top of me. I look to see who it is and see that it's Garrett. Oh great.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't-"
"Hey, Karmyn. Didn't see you there. Why were you in such a rush?"
"Oh, I uh- just wanted to- say hi!"
"Well, Hi! You can get in line with us. Are you here to see the Sidemen too?"
"Uh, um. Yeah! They're my favorite YouTubers ever!"
"Who's your favorite?"
"Tobi."
"I like Simon. Man, if I were to ever meet his daughter, I would freak out."
I go pale for a second and feel awkwardness flowing through my body. I don't know what to do.
"You okay Karmyn?"
"Huh? Yeah," I'm snapped out of my trance.
"What would you do if you met their daughter?"
"Probably act normal. I bet she's really nice and would like someone like you."
"I'm not into her. I don't even know what she looks like."
"Oh. I guess that's right."
We come closer to the booth and my heart is pounding faster and faster. Hopefully the boys don't blow my cover. Soon, we are next in line to see them. Shit.
"Next!" We walk up together and I see many surprised faces. I give them a glare, signaling that they shouldn't blow my cover.
"Hey, what are your names?" My dad asks us.
"My name is Garrett. And this is my girlfriend, Karmyn."
Wait what? I see my dad get tense and angry at the fact he called me his girlfriend.
"We aren't dating. He's just my friend," I say, laughing awkwardly.
Luckily, Ethan helps the situation by saying, "Oh! Friend-zoned. Sorry pal, better luck next time."
"Okay, can we just get some pics and then leave?" I say.
"Don't be rude. You like them, right?"
"Yeah. But- okay. Let's just, take time."
We take our pictures and then leave the booth. We decide that we are hungry so, we go to a little café in the convention center.
"Do you really like the Sidemen?" Garrett asks me.
"Yea, I do it's just- complicated."
"How so?"
"I wish I could tell you but I really can't. You know what? Give me your phone number."
"Okay." He gives me his phone number and I type in my phone number, then call my phone.
"There you go. Well, let's get to know each other."
"Alright. Where are you from?"
"London, actually."
"Really? Same."
"What school?"
"Well, my school burned down before I got there. I recently moved there."
"That's my school too!"
"We might live near each other!"
"That's so cool! I can go to your house and hang out."
"And I to yours."
"Actually, not really. I can't have that happen. I'm not allowed to have many people at my house."
"That sucks. Your parents sound very strict."
"I guess you can say that."
"Oh! What would you do if one of the sidemen was your dad?"
I blush a little. This guy is oblivious but it's as if he secretly knows.
"I would probably just be me. Do what they do and travel with them."
"I guess I would do the same. Speaking of, where's your parents right now?" Garrett says as he motions his head near his mom's direction.
"They're around here somewhere. I'm not sure exactly where."
"They let you roam around?"
"Yeah. They do. But I have to be careful."
Soon, I get a text from my mom:
Where are you? I'll come and get you.

I text back:
I'm at a café in the convention center. Don't get me. I can't be seen with you.

Wow. I see how it is 😢😢😢😂

I'll meet you at the room. I'm with Garrett's family.

"Okay, I have to go to my room with my family. I'm sorry for leaving."
"I'll go with you."
"No, it's fine."
"Okay. Text me when you get there."
-
I'm at my room now, with my parents and the guys, with their girlfriends. I text Garrett that I'm home and then pass out on the bed. I have had a big day.

I told you that I would make it up! I'm so satisfied on the fact that I made this over 1000 characters.