Chapter 8

I wake up and look around, only to see my parents aren't in the room. I fling the covers off of me and start to get ready for another awesome day at Insomnia. After I get ready, I step outside of the room and head down to Vikk and Kay's room. When I get there, I lightly knock on the door to see if anyone is in there. After a few minutes of knocking and waiting, I decide to leave and go to Josh and Freya's room. Once I knock, I get an answer from Freya.
"Are my parents here?"
"No. They're not. I thought they were with you."
"Well, Vikk and Kay aren't in their room."
"Yeah. They're here. Your parents went to go and get you from the room."
"I didn't see them. Who else is here?"
"Everyone. Except your parents."
"Okay. I'll go and look for them," I say as I start to walk away.
"Karmyn! Come back here."
I start to jog down the hall, looking side to side for my parents. I keep running until I run into someone, then fall right on the floor.
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," I say.
"It's fine. I guess I should've been looking where I was going," the boy says.
"No, I shouldn't have run down the hall."
"Wait. Why were you running?"
"I was trying to find my parents. I can't find them."
"Oh. I was too. We're here for Insomnia. Is that why you're here?" He looks up at me. I take a good look at his face. Soon, I'm speachless.
"Y-yeah."
"Awesome! I'm here to see the Sidemen. You seeing anyone today?"
"No. Not really."
"Well, I think we should hang out."
I stare into his dark brown eyes and see friendliness. As if, we were supposed to meet. A rush of joy flows through my body and my face turns hot. I am snapped out of the spell when I realize that I can't be with him. I can't hang out with him. He's a fan. I'm not allowed to interact with fans that much. Especially date them.
"I'd love to. But my parents don't know you."
"That's okay. We'll get to know each other over time."
I think. I really like him. We just have a kind of inseparable connection.
"Sure. I'm room 607."
"623. Well, I have to go. Bye."
"Wait."
"What?"
"What's your name?"
"Garrett. Yours?"
"Karmyn. And I think I have to go."
"Wait!"
Garrett turns me around and gives me a hug. I start to feel my cheeks go warm again and I let go of the hug. Once I make it back to my room, I see my parents are back. I try to stop blushing but I just can't.
"Karmyn. What happened? Why are you blushing?" My dad asks me.