Chapter 63: Rain-Washed Pasts

{Patrick}

"Alright, this green or this yellow?" Abigail asks, as she turns to face me.

She holds two different cans of paint.

Her hand is on her hip, and she's leaning her weight to one side, as her baby bump protrudes her waistline.

Her hair is up in a high ponytail, and she's wearing a white v-neck with a pair of jeans and Uggs.

She also has a light black jacket on over top, but she's left the jacket un-zipped.

I smile, watching as she mentally debates between the two colors she's holding up at me.

"Patrick?" She asks, smiling.

I raise my eyebrows, shaking myself out my thoughts.

Sometimes, I find myself too caught up in her beauty to even be listening to anything.

And this is one of those moments.

"Uhm..." I say, shaking my head.

I glance at the two colors in either of her hands.

"I like the yellow. It's neutral, and it's not an ugly yellow either." I shrug, smiling.

She smiles back, nodding.

"Perfect, because that's what I was thinking!" She laughs, as she places the yellow can of paint in the cart.

It's Tuesday, April 11, about 2:00 in the afternoon.

Abby and I are baby shopping.

We have been out since this morning, running around and buying the basic things we need to set up the nursery, which we will be starting, later today.

Abby and I have already bought most of the furniture that is to go into the nursery, such as the cribs.

It's been odd, having to buy two of everything rather than just one, because of the twins.

We bought two cribs this morning, and a whole bunch of other things that we need for the nursery.

Right now, we are buying paint for the walls of the nursery, which is one of the last things we need.

Abby and I both decided that we didn't want to move out of the apartment, despite the fact that in a short amount of time, we will have two more human-beings running around.

The apartment is a fairly large size, and four people can easily live together in it.

Eventually, Abby and I are most definitely going to sell the apartment, and get a house to settle down in with our two little humans, but for the first little while, we both decided that we don't want to sell the apartment.

To be honest, both of us love that apartment so much, and I don't think either of us are truly ready to let it go yet.

When the time comes, we will move out and re-locate to a larger house somewhere else, but for now, we both want to stay in the apartment.

"It's so weird, having to buy everything in neutral colors." Abby laughs, as we continue walking down the paint aisle in Home Depot.

I wheel the cart, and she walks just beside me.

"Yeah, I know. But I really like that color." I say, smiling.

"Good." She laughs.

Because Abby and I don't want to know the sex of the twins, we have been forced to buy everything in unisex colors.