Chapter 39: The Phone Call

Charles' POV:

I'm seating here in her bed thinking where did she go this time. I know Dominic's not with her but why is she not home yet?

My thoughts were cut off by my phone ringing. I answered my phone.

[Hey! Brother. How are you?"] She asked. As if she really cares.

"I'm good."

[Mmm. How's everything going?]

"Fine."

[Good. Does she know already?] with the sound of her voice. I can say that she's smiling now.

"Yes."

[Is she devastated?] her voice is excited.

"Who wouldn't be?"

[Great! You know what Charles. I'm really proud of you. You've come a long way.]

"Yeah. From being good, I am now the worst guy in her world. Thanks for that." I said sarcastically.

[You see, I'm doing you a favor here. You like her right? Oopps. Sorry. You don't like her. You're in love with her. I still don't get how it happened. But...yeah. You're in love with her for a very long time. So don't be such a baby Charles. You're doing the right thing.]

She's right about the love part, bata pa lang kami ni Nicole, I already liked her. I don't know why everytime I looked at that picture, I just feel different. She's too young to remember what happened. Or to even remember me being part of her life. But I don't think Cassandra's doing this because of me. She's doing this because of her and not for anyone else.

"Tell me cass. What's right about this?! huh?!"

[Everything Charles. THIS. This is what we planned.]

"Your plans Cassy. These are all your plans."

[I know. But this would not come to life without my twin brother. So thank you.]

She'd become a different person. Is this all because of love? If yes. Then love is a bad thing.

[You need to prepare her. We're about to make wedding plans.] Her voice is excited again.

"WE are what??"

[Ah yeah. I forgot to inform you. We're having a double wedding. Isn't that exciting? We're both born on this world on the same day and I just thought that getting married on the same date is just as amazing. BRILLIANT ISN'T IT?] She sounds happy.

"A double wedding. Are you really killing them two?" She didn't answer. "I never thought that you're this mean Cassy. I don't even recognize you now."

[It's their fault.] she's sounded different this time. Mad. 

"No. You make yourself Cass. It's your fault. Don't blame others for what you've become."

[Don't tell me you're backing up. We've come this far.]

"I ... --" I don't know what to respond to her. I don't like where all her plans is leading. But I can't also let go of the possibility of marrying Nicole.

[May I just remind you. It's not just Nick who's on the line. Even your status. Everything that you have is at stake. So... you make your decision.]

"I won't... back up." I answered. I'm not concern about my status. All I care about is Nicole.

[Good. And by the way. I know Nicole's not there. So you better find her before I got pissed.]

"Fine."

Suddenly her voice become sweet and soft [You know I love you Charles. And really, thank you.]

I don't answer. [So see you when I see you. Bye] then the line's off.

I throw my phone sa kama ni Nicole and burried my face on my hands. Everything is at stake.

"Is that her?" I look at the direction of the voice. Then I saw Jacob. He's leaning at her sister's room's door. Arms crossed over his chest.

"Yeah."

"Mmmm. What does she want this time."

"Jacob I'm really sorry about this. It's not wh---"

"It's done Charles, unless you back-up. But obviously your sister make it impossible for you to do just that."

"Yeah. She's really a smart girl."

He smiled sarcastically before agreeing. "Yeah..."

I got up. "How's your mother doing?"

"She's sleeping now." he said. And it's obvious that he's also having a hard time handling all of these.

"What did the doctor said?"

"She'll be fine. But no more stress."

"Which is impossible ofcourse." and he knows it too. With a lot going on, stress is inevitable. I'm worried for their mother as well.

"Are you going to look for her?"

"Yes." I answered.

"One favor. Please don't tell her about mom's condition."

"Sure."

I pat his shoulder and started to descend the stairs.

"By the way. Maybe she's with Erick."

"Who's Erick?" I never heard of that name before. I thought Dominic is her boyfriend. That's why this is all happening.

"Her bestfriend. You see, you got a lot of competition."

I smiled. "Yeah. She's really a beauty."

He smile and said.. "She's part of this family. What do you expect?"

We both chuckled. "I better get going before that Erick do something to her."

"Sure."

"Wait. Where does Erick live?"

He told me the address and I started driving.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTOR'S NOWT:

i just can't help but write this.

cassandra keeps talking in my head.

and i just don't like hovering all over my overstressed brain.

you see.

I HATE HER TOO.

hahahha. xD

enjoy.

eks.ow.eks.ow

-otor