| c h a p t e r 59 |

My knuckles almost hurt from knocking on Christina's door at this point. "Christina!" I yell out.

"Not now!" she yells out, frustrated. Her voice is muffled from the door but it sounds like she has her mouth full. Is she eating?

"Christina let me in," I call out.

"No!" she shrieks. "I'll get it!"

"Okay," I say, utterly confused. What could be so bad that I can't come in?

Moments later, Christina opens the door. Her hair is a little ruffled and her clothes sloppily on. There's some white icing on the side of her lip. She must have been eating the vanilla dauntless cake.

"Hey Chris," I smile.

"This better be good, Prior," she huffs. I scrunch my eyebrows.

"I just wanted to hang out with you tonight. Tobias is out right now." I can't help but notice the icing on her mouth again. "Uh, you got a little something," I point out, gesturing toward her mouth.

"Oh. I do?" she asks, wiping it away with her sleeve in a hurry.

"How was the cake?" I ask her.

"Oh, yeah, Will and I were having a cake eating competition. We do that sometimes."

"And you chose vanilla?" I ask, almost in disgust.

"I've always been partial to chocolate, but Will said he wanted to try something new." She pauses for a moment. "Anyway, yeah, come in. We can totally hang out."

"Will!" she shouts from the kitchen. "Tris is here."

She unboxes another cake, this one chocolate. Slicing a piece for each one of us, she smiles nervously up at me.

"So where is Will?" I ask her.

"Oh, he was--" she starts.

I turn around at Will's voice. "Hey Tris, what's up?" he asks casually walking over to Christina and wrapping an arm around her. His hand drops to her hip.

"How was the contest?" I ask, curious to know who won. Most likely Christina because she absolutely loves sweets.

"What contest?" he asks, shocked. "Am I missing something?"

"The cake eating one, sweetie," she says a bit forcefully with a piercing glare.

"Oh. Oh, yeah. That one," he says hesitantly, looking at Christina for confirmation.

"He won," she says, a little smug.

"But she was really good at it," he adds, a small smile taking the place of his confusion.

I start putting the pieces together. Will looks like he's glowing, Christina looks a mess, there was white 'icing' on her lip, he came out of the bedroom. Oh. That's nasty.

"Oh, oh my god!" I shriek in disgust. "You guys did that?"

Christina takes a sharp breath though her teeth. "Busted," she draws out, looking up at Will.

Will leans near Christina and says, "It's not like your mom caught us."

She smirks. "No, honey, it's just as bad," she guffaws.

I give her a look of outrage and confusion. At that, Will says, "Well I'll see you later Chris. Bye, love you."

The door closes behind him and Christina an I are alone in the room.

I look over at her, a little amused by the situation.

"What?" she asks in panic.

"Nothing," I laugh in innocence.