Chapter Fourtris

Tris POV

I walk into the Pit after having Christina do my hair and makeup, which I dread. Why do people need to look good? I think the whole idea is overrated.

I see, Tobias, across the room, standing at the podium. His eyes meet mine and he smiles. His face then returns to his instructor, robot-like expression.

"Quiet!" Tobias yells into he crowd.

The room suddenly becomes still, which is a rarity for the Dauntless.

"Congratulations to our new Dauntless members!"

The room burst into roars and whoops. Myself included.

"They will now choose their job and their room!" He shouts into the crowd. More shouts escape from the cheerful Dauntless's mouths.

"We will start by calling up the initiates in rank order. They will choose their profession. Then all the initiates will choose their living quarters afterwards, at this stand.

"First up: Tris! First Jumper; First Ranked."

I walk apprehensively up to the stand and he puts his arm on my back as write down on the paper.

"Initiation Instructor and Control Room!" He shouts into the crowd. He smiles at me and I wink at him. I walk to the other stand where I put down my living quarter as the others are called up. Christina chooses to work at the clothing store. For her, it was either that or fence guard and she really wanted to stay in the Pit.

After the ceremony, and a lot of Dauntless cake, I get the keys to my new place and go back to the imitate dorms to gather my few belongings.

I look at my room number. 1046. I give a slight smile. Four and six.

On the way to my room, I pass Tobias.

I give him a slight kiss and he asks me where by room is.

"1046." I say.

"Hmmm," he says. "I'm 1024 (A/N- Did ya see what I did there! 4 x 6= 24) I'm just down the hall. Here," he says, taking my bag of clothes, "I'll carry this on the way to your room."

We walk into the room and see a black carpet, dark purple walls and a white ceiling.

All of the furniture in the room is white, contrasting the rug and walls, but accenting the ceiling. I like it. The room is pretty large for one person. I guess ranking first in initiation has it's perks.

He drops my bag down on my bed, smiles over at me, and says, "You want help unpacking?"

"No I'm fine. Thanks, though." I reply with a smile.

"Okay. If you say so. Remember I'm just down the hall. Give me a knock when you're done."

I smile and kiss him goodbye as he slips out my door.

I lay out my clothes and stuff them in the drawers, making sure to thoroughly organize them. I'm about to retire for the night when someone knocks on the door.

I get up and answer. I see Tobias, leaning on the doorway. He smiles and says, "Hey Six."

"Six?" I ask with a smile. I know what it means I just don't know why he would call me that.

"I don't know. It seemed right." He says with a smile.

"Okay." I say with a smile. "Hello... Four."

I lean over and kiss him, still in the hallway.

"Uck. Keep it for the bedroom," Peter says.

Wait! Peter???

"What do you want asshole?" Tobias asks him.

"For you to go into your apartment. I don't want to see you kiss."

"What?" Tobias says. "Jealous?"

"No." Peter says. "More like repulsed."

Peter walks off when Tobias shots him a death glare.

We walk into my room and sit on the couch.

I try to stifle a yawn, but it comes out nevertheless.

"Tired?" He asks me.

"Yeah." I respond.

I immediately realize my mistake when he says, "I'll let you rest," while getting up off the couch.

"No, stay." I tell him.

He looks at me, conflicted, but then decides to sit back on the couch.

"So," he says. "You don't start your job for two days. I walked to the control room, and they said I'll be training you." He says with a smile.

"What a coincidence." I say jokingly.

He laughs along, and his chuckle becomes a straight face. He looks into my eyes and his straight face becomes a loving face.

He leans forward and kisses me. His lips meet mine and we move in perfect synchronization. I tug on his shirt, and he gets the point, whipping it off and throwing it on the floor. I feel his defined muscles; my hands tuning over his chest and abs. He just stares at me, lovingly. Then, he leans over, gently pressing his lips to mine. He presses his lips against mine again, this time firmer. His hands, which were caressing my back, now are in my hair. My hands stroke up and down his bare back.

And it doesn't scare me. He won't make me do anything I don't want to. I think I might love him. I just don't want to tell him until I'm sure.

"I can't believe I'll get to see my beautiful girlfriend every day at work and at home."

I smile against his lips, and his head tilts down, planting kisses on my neck, then moving downward and kissing each of my three ravens in turn.

~~~

I grow very tired, wanting nothing but sleep. He walks up to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water, and I crawl into bed, leaning my head against the soft pillow.

"Night Tris." Tobias whispers to me while exiting my room.

"Wait." I say. He stops and looks at me. "Can you stay?" I ask him.

He nods and takes off his coat. It is, after all, Winter. Then he takes off his shirt.

I smile as he comes into bed, in nothing but his sweatpants, and I cuddle up next to him. My head rests on his chest while he draws lazy circles on my shoulder and back.

Just as I'm about to enter deep sleep, I feel a kiss on my forehead and a whisper. "I love you, Tris." The voice said.

I would have said it back, maybe, if I weren't so tired. Sleep dragged me under and I arrived to my dreams.