Chapter 24

Tris POV

My head is a drum, beating from within and reverberating throughout my body. I feel the thumping sensation in my feet, hands, everywhere. Me eyes shrink in surprise at the bright light that threatens to blind me. The light slowly gets darker until it becomes a friendly darkness, then brightens to illuminate a room.

My vision is blurry, the whole room looks white and I can hardy make out shapes. When I try to think about what happened, my mind starts to thump again and the next thing I know, someone's arms are around me, holding my limp form tight.

"Beatrice," the form says. My vision quickly sharpens, and there stands my brother with a large smile plastered on his face.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"It's a long story," he responds, taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

I sit up in my chair and intently listen to the story of how I was in Dauntless when I started to become ill with some kind of poisoning called Shinoseppun which Translates to Kiss Of Death. Caleb launches into a long explanation of how it works and how he was the one who discovered it. Supposedly, it was unseen for close to a millennium in Chicago. My mind wanders to who could have poisoned me. Then Caleb tells me about the operation and how they had to filter my blood multiple times to flush out the poison which was attempting to penetrate my brain.

"And guess who was the first brave soul to donate blood.... Four."

"Four. How do you know Four?" I ask, accusingly.

"He brought you here. Oh and by the way, I need to have a chat later with you two. On subject, however, he's still in Erudite, waiting for you to recover.

I sigh in relief that he isn't poisoned as well and ask," Can you bring him here?"

"Certainly," he responds.

Tobias POV

A knock sounds on my door, and I rise to answer it. "Yes?" I ask the lady on the other side of the ajar door.

"Tris Prior is conscious," she calmly tells me. But this is no news that deserves calmness. A smile erupts on my face and I run, not bothering to close the door on my way to Tris's hospital room.

Please please please follow my new instagram @ divergent.editsss I make a bunch of edits (hence the name) and I do updates, rare HQ pics, Relatables, and funny pics.