Chapter 27

~5 months later (6 months until initiation)~
Tobias POV

"Hey Tris, you want to go to my place for Candor or Dauntless?" Zeke asks at the door.

"No, we played last night," Tris complains.

He sighs, "But it's never too soon for a game of C or D."

"Yes, yes it is Zeke. I'm not going," Tris replies.

He stomps his foot and walks away. Tris closes the door behind him.

"We have to meet up with Caleb tonight, do you have the papers prepared?" Tris asks. Caleb requested that we give him a report of 'how to assimilate as a Dauntless Transfer.'

"Yeah," I reply.

"Okay, let's go then. We're meeting up with Caleb on the outskirts of Erudite. Then we're showing him how to get on the train so he can practice. Also, jumping onto the building and into the net."

"Marvelous," I say. Then, I approach her. A question burns in my mind; it's something I've wanted to ask her for a while.

"Umm, Tris..." I stutter for the right words.

"Yeah?" she asks, eyebrows raised.

"I was wondering, you know since you're here almost every night now, if you...wanted to move in with me?"

"Sure," she says with a shy, small smile. And with that, I release a large breath I didn't even know I was holding. My hands on the back of her neck pull her lips to mine. Our lips connect and mine move slowly against her's. Her hands crawl to my back and hold me against her.

"As much as I hate to end this, Tris," I say against her lips. "We really have to get going if we're going to make the train."

She nods and coughs. "Yeah."

+++

As we jump out and land on the hard ground, I look around. This is where we told Caleb to meet us. It's close to the Erudite Headquarters yet not so close as to give our meeting away.

"Where is he?" Tris murmurs. Just as the words escape her mouth, out of the corner of my eye I see Caleb trotting toward us with a smile.

"Sorry I'm late," he says.

Tris just smiles and collects him in her arms. When she squeezes, he winces and wordlessly points out that he has a bruise. Ahe immediately lets go.

"Hello, Caleb," I say with a small nod. I thrust the paperwork in his direction. I remember when he first made the request for this; he wanted a detailed summary of how to fit in to Dauntless and what the training required.

"Could you give me a brief synopsis of the plan again so my brain can properly digest and evaluate it once more?"

Nose.

"So before the Choosing Ceremony, you will disappear and be pronounced to have joined Factionless. In the time being, we can keep you in our place-"

"Sorry for interrupting...but did you say 'our?'"

I pay no attention to his comment which would surely turn into a lecture. "When the day of the Choosing Ceremony arrive, we'll give you a Candor outfit and you'll jump onto the train with the other initiates. We'll be dying your hair and styling it differently than it is now, so the combination of clothes and appearance will help. In the paperwork, there is a detailed analysis of Dauntless training and how to act like a Candor transfer."

"Great," Caleb says sighing as he flips through the stack of papers. "Oh and I'd like to know how to mount and dismount from the trains."

"So when it's coming you run alongside it and grab hold of the handle. You'l throw yourself inward and you'll be on. Then when you jump off, do something to break you fall and lose speed. You might want to roll," Tris briefly explains. "You've done it before so you'll probably be good."