Chapter FOUR

I hear a knock on my door. I look at the clock on my wall. 10:46 pm. Who would showing up this late?

I throw the covers off my bed and stand up. I answer the door, to see Tris. I see her looking down. I just noticed that I don't have a shirt on. She stands there for a second or two, looking at me shirtless. It's kind of uncomfortable.

"Hey Tris! What're you doing here?" I ask. I see her bite her lip and look around. She looks nervous. "Come in." I say. I don't like that I'm shirtless in the middle of my hallway. And she also seems uncomfortable talking in the hallway. "I'd rather my neighbors not see me shirtless. And something tells me you'd rather not talk in the hallway."

She smiles and walks into my apartment. She sets down her bag on my couch. I'm already sitting, and I motion for her to come and sit beside me.

"So why are you here?" I ask again in a gentle voice.

"It was Peter..." Oh god. What I wouldn't give to smash his head to a pulp. "He was being a jerk. Sorry. I just needed to get away-"

"It's okay. You can sleep here tonight."

"Thanks. I just can't stand him."

"Join the club." I say as a joke.

"Sooooo... I haven't seen you since the ceremony." She says, changing the topic.

"Yeah," I say. "That was embarrassing." I start to panic. "Not that I'm embarrassed that I'm your boyfriend. Embarrassed that everyone was staring at us. You know..."

Sorry. It's really short. Just saving more for Tris POV in the next chapter

Please don't forget to read, comment, and vote!