Chapter 9

Tobias POV

When Tris is off our shoulders, I pull her close and kiss her, oblivious of all the people around us. She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck. There are cat calls coming from, undoubtedly, Uriah.

She smiles and whispers in my ear. "Later." She pulls back and smiles.

I smile back at her and Uriah runs between us just as we are about to kiss again. "Enough of this boring PDA! I need to talk to Tris!"

Her pulls Tris aside and I follow, curious of what they are talking about.

"Four, did you tell Tris what's happening tonight?" Uriah asks me. I shake my head, no, and he continues. "Okay, Tris. Tonight at Zeke's room, around 10:00, we are having a party. Be there." He says. He runs back to a group of Dauntless borns. I wrap my arm around her shoulders as we walk back to the compound.

She kisses me when we reach the door of my apartment. "I gotta go pack my stuff. I'm getting my apartment number tonight at 5, so I should be packed already. It's 12:00 and I'm pretty sure Christina will take like 4 hours to get ready."

Just as she walked off, I grabbed her hand and spun her around. "Wait." I say. She looks back at me, her face written with curiosity. "I'll um. See you at the choosing ceremony." I say, lamely.

She smiles back and nods.

I walk into my room, curious as to what Tris is going to pick for her profession.