A locket in my pocket

When Lisa said Lauren was missing we all started to panic. Christina even panicked. Lisa just ran out with Dani and Alex. What are they doing?! Katherine was scared. We all closed the windows and blinds. Dad went after them. Now I don't know what's happening. 

An hour later the police came in. "Everyone alright here?" He said in a soldiery voice. "Not really. My husband and 4 children are missing." Mom boomed back. "How long ago was this?" Apparently Officer Diary was his name. I was choking with laughter, but I tried to keep quiet. "It doesn't matter how long ago was it. It matters if you'll find them" Yeah! Mom's in the zone! I know what your thinking. I'm worried too, but its not like I have a choice. It's to be negative or positive.

I walked out seeing that the building is cleared. I see a necklace on the floor. I reached for it. Lauren's. It's a locket Grandma gave her before she passed. We all got something. The boys get something from Grandpa though.

Christina got a ring that Grandma wore on her 50th anniversary that Grandpa gave her. Katherine got a journal full of stuff Grandma wrote. Lisa got a charm bracelet full of pictures of our family. I got a necklace that has my name on it hand made by Grandma. Lauren got a locket which I'll explain. Dani got a can of nutella, but when she ate it to the bottom there lies a coin (i know digusting right?) with a panda on it. Its really rare. (A/N it doesn't exist though) 

Lauren wears her locket everyday. We all do. Christina always wear her ring. Katherine always look at the journal when she has a writer's block. Lisa wears it every time we go to church. I wear mine on my birthday every year. Dani considers that her lucky coin. Lauren must have went to search for her locket when she noticed it dropped. 

I walked back into the room to hear mom bickering with Officer Diary. Sorry I can't say that with out laughing. "Mom, look" I handed her the locket. "Lauren" She whispered. "Exactly she must of felt it fall off so she went to look for it." "How do we know it's her's?" Christina questioned. "Why wouldn't it be?" Katherine snapped. "I'm just saying that could be anyone's" "Then let's open it shall we." I butted in.

I wedged it open. For sure it's Lauren's. "See. There's a picture of us and a picture that says love." "So?" "Why are you so negative. Atleast we found some hope instead of making us loose self confidence. Giving us a chance to atleast have something to hold on to." I know shouted with tears  in my eyes. "What if it's not. Then we'll be more devastated." "It's a big if. Meaning not gonna happen. Ever heard of this 'What if God exists except it turns out he doesn't really like people very much?' Exactly God loves people. He loves us. What if's are another word for 'lies'." That shut her mouth. 

Mike stayed with Katherine and the little boys. The rest went to search for Dad, Lisa, Alex, Lauren, and Dani. I prayed. 'God, please not have anything happen to them. Amen.' Where could they be!

We all went to ask people and they all came out an 'no'.

I've never been so scared in my life. Did they get shot? No. Amy don't think those things. I know! "Guys. You know when ever Lauren's sad?" "Yeah" "There."

We all ran to the treehouse back home. Yeah Lauren could be a fast runner. We took a taxi. I still had the locket.

We reached the house and see Dad and Alex there. Where's Lisa and Dani? We all ran to where Dad and Alex was. Christina paid the cab driver. "Where's the girls?" Mom worries too much sometimes. Dad pointed to the tree house. I volunteered to climb up there too. I mean I am the smallest and I had to return something. The treehouse is quite big may I say.

I walked in and see Dani and Lauren asleep on Lisa's lap. Lisa told be to be quite. I nodded and took a picture on my cell. I went halfway down to the ladder and gave a thumbs up. I went back up. I put the locket on Lauren gently. We sat there enjoying the silence. It doesn't last long. I'm pretty sure mom's calling Mike to make sure everything's OK.

Something in my guts tell me it isn't. I then saw Lisa had this expression she was thinking something,

"Lise? What you thinking?" I whispered. 

"Christina." 

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Important things." 

"What?" I was getting annoyed.

"Ask Chrissie." 

"She's in a mood." 

"We have reasons." 

"What reasons." 

"Want to know so bad then ask her yourself." Come again? 

Sometimes siblings could be a pain in the butt. 

A/N: What do you think Lauren's thinking? Or Amy. The quotes by Doug Coupland. Remember to 

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FOLLOW!

AND BE AWESOME!